Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Kayla woke up and smiled then shouted, as she sat up, “Were getting married today!”Patrick was in bed with her and grabbed her waist and pulled her back to him and started kissing her.  They got up and got ready for the day.  Kayla looked out of the bedroom window and said, wow it’s snowing.  Patrick came up behind me wrapped his arms around me kissed my neck and said, yes it is.  We went downstairs and turned up the fireplaces a few degrees. 

Patrick’s dad called and told him the snowstorm has knocked out the power to the pack property, they will be able to cook the food, because the kitchen has gas burners and they will be using the pack grills for the steaks.  So that will get all done.   The church has no power, but the minister said, if we can find flashlights or candles in a jar we could do that.  Your mom is searching the house for all the candles that she can find.  Patrick said, “Okay let me talk to Kayla it’s still early enough we can hit some stores. I will talk to her and then call you back on your cell, bye.”

Patrick told me what happened with the power, and there was a good chance it would stay off all day and night.  The church is going to be dark; we can use real candles if they are in a jar”. Kayla said, “Help me open up a few of these boxes.  I saw flameless candles on a few of these.  I found the box and inside was a bag of tea lights and a bag of votives, in the box was a bag of luminaries and sand.  I said, we could light the aisle with these bags and candles. 

We looked through a few others and found battery operated candle sticks. Kayla said “The girls and I can hold one of these maybe we can somehow put them in our flowers, I count twelve of them.”  Patrick opened up another box and there were four of these three candelabra with bulbs.  So we tried them all and they all worked.  We spot checked the votives and tea lights and they worked.  I have extra candles for all of the center pieces, and I have a few extra lighters.  We have been charging up those solar lights that we got for buying the vehicles, we haven’t pulled the tags.  Pat called his dad back and said, “We have it covered, with some flameless candles and battery operated candles, we just charged up some solar lights, that we haven’t taken the tag off of, so we should have enough to light everything needed. I need to go, I have to clear off the driveway and plow out our drive to the street.  I will be careful okay bye.”

Kayla called her Aunts and they said, “Yes the streets needed to be plowed, and Sandy took your wedding cakes over to the reception hall/kitchen and put the cakes in there.  So we just need to get out of the neighborhood.  We hung up and I gave Patrick the message.  He went and bundled up and I made some breakfast, while he went out and cleared off the drive way.  Ethan and Grady were up along with his brothers.  Patrick came in and we all had breakfast with my bridesmaids.  After that we loaded up all of our dresses, and tuxes.  I packed my three small portable generators, and the candles and solar lights.  Patrick Ethan and Grady took off to plow and salt and sand the drive to the street Patrick came back and filled up the hopper, and they took off for my Aunts houses. 

Patrick called thirty minutes later and said, there streets were plowed and they were going to follow them out to our house.  Patrick and everyone arrived.  Patrick again filled the hopper up; we needed to hit a few 24 hour stores.  We hit three of the stores.  We bought some air mattress, sheets, pillows; battery powered led lanterns oil lanterns, and oil, lighters, a bunch of batteries, more luminary bags and candles.  We also got gas cans we stopped and filled them up; our generator was going to need it. We got everything plus more food, and coolers with ice to keep everything cool, because we were going to be having everyone coming over to stay at our house after the reception.  We also got some cots, and we also picked up a cd/mp3/I pod boom box.  We finally made it to the church and reception hall. 

The hair and makeup people called and said, the snow was causing them to slow down and they were running late.  We told them okay, we then went about figuring out how to light up everything.  The only area besides the church we were worried about being too dark was cocktail area, we decided we would use the candelabra’s in there one on the bar and we would take the six single ones and put them on the other tables along with some of the flameless candles.  Our last resort was the solar lights.