Chapter 18

I want to thank everyone for reading my story.  I know it has been taking a few days to get the chapters out, but they have been longer chapters which I like to do.  Please remember to vote and I would love to have some comments and feed back on the story so far.  

Chapter 18

Since Patrick was busy looking into the problems with his soon to be new pack, Kayla gathered up a few friends and her aunts, and they went wedding dress shopping.  Kayla decided, she did not want a mermaid or a fit and flare; just not her style and she couldn’t walk as freely as she wanted to.  The problem she was running into was there were not a lot of dresses at these shops that she could take off the rack that she liked.  So when she was on the web she found a bridal store in Massachusetts, they buy discontinued dresses and sell them at a discount.  So they decided to fly out there I called for an appointment and got one scheduled.    So we booked a flight and a hotel room, I was taking one of my friends, Carol my aunt Rose and my aunt who sews, she said, she could do any alterations that may be needed. 

While I waited for that I found two choices for wedding invites that I liked and I got Patrick to look at them along with my aunt Rose, and they liked them also, Patrick and I set the date, and he put it on his phone calendar, so he wouldn’t double book it.  Patrick called and reserved the party barn; he also called a guy in there pack, who was a D.J. We set up a time to meet with him in the evening, and there was a gal who owned her own Photo studio and we were going to meet with her to see if she could take pictures and video our wedding. 

I found invitations with all the matching rsvp’s, and thank you cards in it with matching envelopes, Patrick liked them and we figured out how many we needed with his dad’s pack, my grandparents pack, and my mom’s side of the family. We also decided that we would do a separate reception for our new pack.  So I decided for our old pack I was going to do medium white sleighs on the table tops, in the baskets I was thinking of putting turquoise and purple ornaments.  My second though with the sleigh was to get mini Christmas trees and decorate them, or put in different colored poinsettias.   I was going to do individual votive candles as take home favors and use those as lighting, and maybe a few other things I hadn’t found yet.  Then for our new pack I thought I might order some snowman decorations and snowflakes and do decorations that way.

I went ahead and ordered everything that I wanted I ordered double so I could do both receptions, it was going to cost a little bit more but it would be worth it.  I also called a rental place to get white linen table clothes and then I ordered runners and table covers, in my colors.  I also called and ordered battery operated led Christmas lights in white, blue, and purple.  I also ordered they lanterns with a stand and candles to go with them, I loved them so much I just had to get them.  The best part is I could use a lot of the items I ordered again, for future party decorations.  I even had them expressed shipped to make sure I got them on time. 

We had talked about a candy bar, and decided against it; instead we decided to order life savers, tins of mints, and chocolate bars for each reception.  Then I got a few Chinese takeout boxes to put it all in.  Patrick still wanted a popcorn bar and a few other things so I got on line and found a place that would package and ship bags, we could order stickers with our wedding info on it and place it on each bag.  I found a company on line that did bulk orders so I called them and talked to a sales person.  She was great, I was able to ask my questions and get answers.  With Patrick there we picked out the flavors and they could even do it in our colors.  I also ordered caramel apples plan, then caramel apples dipped in a white chocolate base but done in our colors and then I had some that were gourmet style with M&M’s, coconut, toffee, and nuts.  Then the last thing I ordered was cotton candy also in our colors, I got bags instead of the plastic containers.