chapter ten

Hey fellow readers, I have just taken my first nine chapters and put them in Microsoft word, for its spell check and minor grammar errors I have made, so those have been corrected.  The sad thing is I ran the spell checker Wattpad offers and it missed a lot words.  Sorry about that.  I’m going to be writing the rest of this story in word so I can catch the errors as I go. 

Chapter Ten

Kayla set up the queen size air mattress to sleep on; she put the sheets on it with a few blankets and pillows.  She set up the dog crate to the other side of her bed, so she could use it like a night stand.  Carol took Kevin and gave him his bath, while I took a shower; I quickly dried my hair got into my pajama’s,  I took Pepper outside for the night plugged in my phone and Bluetooth then I climb into bed and went to sleep.  I never heard Carol bring in Kevin or Patrick come in and go to bed.   I slept deep and hard, Patrick had to wake me up in the morning.  I never heard Kevin cry to get up, Patrick had gotten up and dressed and did the same with Kevin. 

I got up and I found out I slept through the family breakfast.  I apologized I said, “I hadn’t slept that well in a long time”.  I blame it on Clint he pushed my work outs into exhaustion.  I got dressed used the bathroom and I ate a quick breakfast.  I gave Kevin a big hug as he was playing with his toys.  Patrick said, “Are you ready to go I don’t want to be late.”  I got Kevin’s diaper bag ready, I got his sippy cup a bottle of water and snacks.  Patrick carried Kevin until we got into a mule/golf cart type thing.  Patrick drove us down to the barn/meeting hall. 

Once inside Patrick lead me and Kevin, up front he had to sit with his family and Kevin and we I sat across the row from him.  Five minutes, later Joe and his top guys came in and went to the stage area, Kevin was playing on the floor with his toy truck.  I was listening to Joe and I didn’t see Kevin get up on stage until it was too late, and roll his truck around.  He stopped when he realized he was in front of everyone, he got scared and started to cry.  I started to get up to get him, when Wade beat me to it.  He picked up Kevin and waved me off for now. 

I got a Kleenex out of the diaper bag, a few minutes later with Kevin still crying Wade brought him over to me I wiped Kevin’s nose and then I took him from Wade.  I said, “Sorry.” Joe smiled at me, and as soon as Kevin calmed down he continued.   Wade went back up on the stage, and sat down.  Clint was trying not to laugh.   Patrick got up and came over and sat down in Kevin’s chair, he was smiling and said, Kevin isn’t the first child to interrupt a meeting.  I said, “it doesn’t matter I would still like to go hide in a cave.”

Ten minutes later Kevin was asleep on my shoulder and Joe called me up on stage.  I got up with Kevin, Patrick followed to give me a hand on the stairs.  Once on stage Patrick took Kevin from me, which woke up Kevin and once again he started to cry.  So once again I took him and he calmed down.  I was so embarrassed; I told Joe” I was sorry”.  Joe leaned in and said, it’s okay I understand I raised six kids”.  Joe introduces us to the pack and told them tonight we would be initiated into the pack.  I was a little shocked at that, I looked at Patrick and said, “Did you forget to tell me that too?”  Patrick just shrugged his shoulders.  

Clint said, Alpha, I would like Kayla to give a demonstration of her skills right here on the stage with me. I turned and looked at Clint and said, “You have got to be kidding me.”  Clint said, “No I’m not, I think everyone should know about your skills.” I said, “No I’m not comfortable, doing that here and now.  I don’t want Kevin to see it and get scared.  Patrick said,” he is asleep again, let me take him again.” Pat took him out of my arms.  Joe said, we are going to have a Karate demonstration.  Pat no sooner had Kevin, when Clint made his first move, I was able to miss it, and make a counter.  Joe and Patrick cleared out and it was on between Clint and me. We were going at it for a while and then I saw Wade, get closer and I got myself in position to keep an eye on him, and sure enough he entered the fray, I knocked Clint down and Wade stepped it up, I just got Wade down when I felt movement from Clint and I wasn’t fast enough and he knocked me down, and managed to break two fingers and my nose.  I took Wade down as I was getting back up.  Then they called the demonstration.

Patrick and Clint took me to the medical rooms; Patrick x-rayed my nose and my hand.  Clint apologized Pat got the x-rays, and said, a hairline fracture in my nose and two broken and dislocated fingers,  He got out a few things, and then numbed up my fingers and when they were numb, he put them back in place and then splinted them.  Then he worked to stop my nose from bleeding.  Joe came in while Patrick was putting these triangle nose plugs in my nose.  I was cursing him out cause it hurt, and tears were running down my face.  Joe got out an ice pack and put it to my nose. I asked Joe if he could check Kevin’s ears to see if he has an ear infection.  Joe did and said, “there a little red, he checked his glands, and then up his nose and in his mouth, he got out a thermometer and put it under Kevin’s arm pit, Joe said, “it looks like he has a start of a fever100.1 his throat is head and he may be getting a sinus infection. Will give him some liquid Tylenol to help with any pain he may have, and will wait on antibiotics, if it gets really bad we can start them okay?  I said,” yeah thanks, he acts like this when he’s not feeling well.  Do you have any children Tylenol here?” Joe said, yes I do, he went to get it and came back and said, looks like we’re out.  Patrick said,” I will go to the store and get some; Joe wrote out a couple of prescriptions and said, get these filled.  The pharmacy at the store is closed on Sundays, so let’s be proactive.  Joe gave me something for my pain.  He said, let me take you and Kevin back to the house, you can get cleaned up.  We have an hour before the committee’s are meeting, and I need to tell you about them and see which one you might like to help with.   

Warren came in with Wade and said, “Girl you got mad skills!” Kayla said, “Thank you.  Clint and Wade deserve the credit for training me.”   Blood started dripping through the nose plugs.  Joe said, “Are you on any medication right now?”  Kayla said, “No.” Joe said, “What about over the counter medication?” Kayla said, “Yeah, after my exhausting five hour workouts, I was sore so I took Tylenol, I ran out of it yesterday so I took some Bayer aspirin twice yesterday and once this morning.”  Joe said, “The Aspirin can cause your blood to thin, so it may take a while for your blood to clot.  Patrick why don’t you take her blood pressure, are you hurting anywhere else?” Kayla said, “Yes, my whole body aches after the beating these two gave, me. I rubbed my forehead, I feel a little dizzy, “I think my sugars might be a little low, do you have anything in here to eat?" 

Patrick said, “BP 97/65 and dropping.” Joe said, let’s lie you down.   Wade can you get me a few pillows, and put them under her legs.  Carol and Erica came in and said, “You want an IV put in.” Joe said, “Yes, she’s been taking aspirin the last couple of days, and she may be hemorrhaging, let’s get her blood type just in case she needs a transfusion.  Patrick said, “what if we set up a blood bypass system and use the green filters to filter out the aspirin, like what we would do with heparin if too much is given.”  Joe said,”Let’s get that set up.”

It took them ten minutes to set up the machine and hook me up to it. They also put in the IV and got fluids and a bag of blood into me.  I fell asleep and woke up a few hours later.  They had taken me off the machine.  Patrick noticed I was awake and came over to see me.  He said, “How are you feeling?” I said, “Like crap.”He smile and sort of laughed to himself, and said, “you know if you wanted to get out of being on a committee there are better ways.”I rolled my eyes and said, “Well this was the only thing I could come up with, on short notice.  Where is Kevin?” He said, Wade is watching him, Clint went and got the Tylenol, he woke up for lunch and then went back to sleep.”

Joe came in twenty minutes later and after talking with Patrick and myself he let me go, but I needed to get something to eat and go back to bed.  Tonight we will be having a pack BBQ and after we eat we will have your initiation into the pack.  Kayla said, “What will the initiation involve?”  Joe said, “I will read the ceremony in front of you and the pack, I will ask you to pledge your alliance to us that will automatically include, Kevin.  That just means that you will help protect members of this pack and the pack will protect you and Kevin. You will be allowed to travel and stuff, you will obey my orders, I realize that will be hard for you because you didn’t grow up pack, it will be a learning curb.  If you do plan on traveling you need to let us know so we can contact the other packs in that area, so they don’t think your trespassing.  I’m not going to reveal anything else you will just have to wait and see.”  I said, “If I have to do a blood sacrifice I’m going to decline becoming a member of this pack.”