Chapter Nine: Will You Just Die Already?

Start from the beginning

My thoughts were interrupted when another bullet was shot through the wall of the kitchen followed by footsteps. There was only one way out of the kitchen besides the window and that's the way I had come in.

I internally cursed knowing that if I had the stupid pistol this could all be over. But no, I left it on the chair when I woke up and searched for Marilyn.

"Come on, little bitch," a woman's voice rang out and I knew it was the girl who was firing the gun. Seconds later, she appeared coming into the kitchen. She didn't even stop before she fired another round.

I squealed and did a quick shuffle right and grabbed the first thing on the counter which happened to be a jar with pencils and pens in it. I threw it as hard as I could at her. I was proud of my throw when it managed to hit her hand and knock the gun out of it.

I rushed over to the sink and picked up a dirty pan. As I turned, a fist came in contact with my left cheek causing me to fall against the sink. I brought my left leg up hitting her in the lower part of the stomach and then used my right arm to swing the pan around and hit her in the head.

The girl fell backward but was definitely not knocked out. I let out a hiss and dropped the pan as my right arm screamed in pain from the gun shot. I rushed out of the room knowing that she was following. I didn't have time to get the gun.

I charged into the room adjacent to the kitchen which happened to be the office or meeting room that I had first met Bolton in. I slammed the door shut and knew it wouldn't be smart to stand in front of it considering the chick chasing me likes shooting through things.

I locked the door and jumped behind a desk that seemed to hide me slightly. I looked down at my right shoulder. Tears didn't even have time to make there way to my eyes. The pain was so much that I felt as if I could collapse; that and the blood loss.

At the same time that I examined my shoulder a bullet fired through the door.

"Oh my God," I mumbled in a panic as I looked up to the door and then back to my shoulder. My entire right sleeve was soaked in a crimson. I could smell the blood and taste it due to the nasty punch to my cheek.

A kick was landed to the door, but it didn't bust open. I gulped knowing it wouldn't stand much longer as another kick was heard. I hurriedly opened any open drawer in the desk. Only two of the six were open.

Another kick was landed to the door knocking out the bottom half of the wood.

I could hear the woman laugh as she stepped through the hole in the door. I gulped and picked up the biggest thing in the drawer which happened to be a flashlight.

Being as quiet as possible, I listened as her footsteps made their way around the room. Then, they made their way toward me.

I gripped the flashlight tightly knowing I couldn't just hide behind the desk forever. My hands felt cold as they trembled and my shoulder burned like a fire.

I jumped up just as her foot was just to the left of the desk where I could see it and swung. Instantly, I felt my confidence dwindle as she caught the flashlight and ripped it from my grip.

"Oh my god!" I screamed and ducked as she swung the flashlight around in an attempt to hit me in the head. She released the light which sent it flying into the wall. My jaw dropped when the flashlight went straight through it.

My eyes landed on her thumb as she began to pull back the hammer of the pistol. Instantly, I stood back up and brought my right leg up to kick her in what was supposed to be the head.

I missed.

I went completely over her head. Way to go Kieran. I knew I'd never need to be able to kick a 6'+ person ever in my life.