Chapter Eight: Drowing in Grey

I couldn't help but admire every little thing about this man. He was truly beautiful.

Kieran's usually menacing aura and masculine features didn't seem as prominent as he slept. His sharp jawline and piercing green eyes along with his broad masculine shoulders were usually the first thing that I noticed, but as he dozed away-not so much.

I noticed his dark lashes that just dusted his cheekbones as his eyes remained closed. The morning sun just barely peeked in through the window making his tanned skin seem a bit darker. His full lips that seemed to be just a bit more plump made me want to kiss him again even more than usual.

I didn't feel odd observing him like this. He was asleep, so he wouldn't know. He'd probably be quite flattered that I was practically visually raping his face.

Okay, maybe not raping.

We weren't even close to getting it on, actually. I think Kieran felt my uneasiness on the whole subject of us sleeping together, so he stayed on his own side. He didn't hold me or snuggle me. He didn't kiss me goodnight or spoon me as I slept. He just stayed on his side of the bed with his hand on either my shoulder or wrist.

I highly respected him for that, considering the closest I had even been to bumping uglies with a boy is the freaking doctor giving me a breast exam. I don't even think he was impressed by my A-cup boobs.

Not really being able to control my movements, I lifted my hand wanting to caress his beautifully strong jawline until his hand flew up catching mine. His eyes immediately snapped open causing an immediate sense of déjavù to wash over me from last night.

I should have learned by now not to touch him while he sleeps.

I jumped with a loud squeal leaving my lips. Kieran quickly released my hand as he realized that I wasn't someone coming to kill him.

"Sorry," he muttered as he rubbed his sleep-filled eyes. It was only a matter of second before he laid his head back down on the pillow and closed his eyes, again.

"Are you going back to bed?" I asked causing a strange groan-mumble-thing to come out as a response from Kieran. I took it as a no.

"Then what are you doing?" I said looking down at him. He looked so innocent and not deadly for once.

"Reminiscing in the moment," he mumbled after a moment of silence. I made an 'o' with my lips before laying my head back down on my pillow. I didn't close my eyes, though. I just continued to watch him like I had been all morning.

His eyes opened and narrowed on me in a questioning way.

"What are you doing?" Kieran asked. I smiled and answered.

"I'm reminiscing, too." He chuckled briefly before closing his eyes again. "Still reminiscing?"

"No. I was never reminiscing in the first place. I was just hoping you'd let me fall back asleep," he mumbled," but I can see that won't be happening."

I felt kind of bad but I wasn't tired and usually I'm the last one up in the house, so I don't have to worry about waking up before anyone else.

"Well I mean you can-" I started to say before I was interrupted.

"Kieran," Marilyn's voice rang out as there was a series of knocks on the Kieran's bedroom door, "Bolton needs your help at the border." Kieran let out a groan and ran a hand down his face.

"I'll be out," he groaned. He slowly made his way out of the bed making his way to the closet. He looked away as he switched his basketball shorts for a pair of jeans and cover his bare torso with a plain, black t-shirt. In that moment, I kind of regretted not staring at his godly body more this morning.