Chapter 3 - The Great Escape

Start from the beginning

To everyone's astonishment, he swiped his powerful staff in the direction of two of Atlantis' tower fortresses, reducing them into rubble almost immediately. It crumbled into a heap as Queen Tisha froze at the frightening sight of that deed. She thought of the people and familes that lived in that tower.

And she realized in horror...they are not prepared. They were not prepared for this...and worst...the King has been conquered.

Eleejah burst out crying, terrified. He could see his father in the face of that frightening man. His white hair and beard - her father's. But she doesn't know him. He is not her father.

"Atlas, my grandson, you must fight it! Do not be overcome by the power of darkness! Revive the power of the crystal again! It's the only way we can win this!" Travan was calling out nearby him. Atlas turned to him and spoke in a voice that sounded someone else's - a malevolent voice.

"I am not your son. Gratan has summoned me to my true calling. Why should I defy my true calling?"

"That is not true! You are not evil, Atlas. You must fight him!" Travan yelled out in his aged voice.

"It is true. And you knew that as well, Grandfather, but you took me light years away. But my Master has found me, and I shall serve my fate. I shall serve him,"

Travan shook his head desperately at himself for he knew that to be true. Atlas in reality is nothing but Gratan's pawn; that is the sad truth he would not accept in the beginning and definitely not even today.

"Atlas, do not listen to Gratan! Do not let him control you! You are stronger than this!" he once again tried to persuade his grandson. He has nothing but mere words but he is not giving up.

"Atlas, what are you doing? Please stop this!" Queen Tisha called out.

"Father!" Eleejah cried out.

"This can't be happening!" Travan wailed at himself. "How could this happen! How could I have failed?"

Atlas wheeled towards the old sorcerer. "Travan, you knew from the start that your plan would not work yet you made the risk. Now you and these people will suffer,"

"It is not Atlas who's speaking! It is you, Gratan!"

Atlas laughed his wicked laugh. "Enough already!"

He threw bolt and fire at the old sorcerer who shielded himself in time with his powers but the impact threw him off his feet, into the wall, and landing harshly on the hard floor.

Queen Tisha ran towards her husband in a blind effort to stop him. Eleejah scrambled towards her grandfather, Anya running after her.

But halfway through, a gush of wind from Atlas's staff paralyzed the Queen on her tracks. "Mother!" Eleejah cried out helplessly as her mother fell to the floor. He tried to run to her but Anya restrained her with her embrace.

Then Atlas turned his sights to the destruction of his own city again, laughing as he did so, releasing power from his staff, destroying the beautiful tall structures of Atlantis, pleased with himself. "Watch as your beloved city turns to dust, old sorcerer!" he declared.

Anya, Eleejah and all the other maidservants hovered over Travan.

"Grandpa! Grandpa!" cried Eleejah.

"Master Travan, please say you're alright?" Anya clamored.

Travan looked up at the Anya, eyes half-closed. "I am alright, Anya."

"Master, did the King shut down the powers of the royal white crystal? What is happening?"

"You know very well what is happening, Anya. What I have feared all my life is what's happening. There is something urgent that you must do,"