Chapter 41

Authors P.O.V:

Mahiras grip on Sandhya loosened and Sandhya got away, "you have a brain tumor?" Mahira asked.

"I didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want anyone to feel sorrow. That's why I broke up with Dev, I didn't want him to suffer after I was gone." Akira explained softly.

"Well, I guess that makes it easier for me to kill you." Mahira smirked pointing a gun at Akira.

"What are you doing!!?!?" Sandhya yelled but a man held her in place and there were armed men who jumped out of nowhere making it hard for anyone to save Akira.

"I'm sorry Dev, I made you unhappy for two years but I wanted you to be with someone like Sandhya." Akira explained quickly.

"I'm sorry that I could never understand you, but please Akira don't say goodbye. I want to spend every moment with you and forget about the two years that I was without you." Dev said wanting to hug Akira but a man held him.

"Akira you ruined my life and I called backup, these are my men." Mahira said lowering her gun.

She nodded as a sign for the men to start taking everyone out of the wedding venue expect for Akira.

"Let me go!!" Sandhya yelled, but struggled to get out of the grip.

The man slapped her and Jai couldn't take it anymore, "don't you dare touch her!!!!"

The men took everyone out of the venue and Mahira locked the doors.

"You see that window? I'm going to escape but you are going to die." Mahira easily claimed.

Akira stood in silence, while Mahira put gasoline on the floor and setting it on fire.

"Goodbye." Mahira said running out of the window while the venue slowly set on fire.

Akira watched as all the drapes caught on fire and every escape closing in front of her eyes. While Dev tried to find a way inside and successfully found a window and slammed on to it. Akira ran to the window and placed her hand where Devs hand was resting. Dev looked up and smiled in vain.

A window was separating them it was just like Akira tumor, the reason they might not be together. All they could do was look into each other's eyes but Dev wouldn't budge in trying to break the window. He picked a heavy rock but no one could help sense they were in the grip of Mahiras men.

Dev got inside but a pillar fell between him and Akira.

"Dev please go, don't die. I'm going to die either way." Akira claimed.

"What will I do? If we get out of here we can spend the time that we have left together..." Dev said.

"But there is no way to go only one of us gets out and that should be you. Please Dev go." Akira said.

Dev got around the pillar and made it to Akira, "I love you too much to let you go again."

Akira hugged him tightly, his touch is what she missed the most.

"Do you think Sandhya will name her kid after me?" Akira joked.

"Of course she will, she has too." Dev said.

They both broke down still holding each other.

Outside firemen and police men came arresting Mahira and the men. They tried their best to break the door but it was really hard. Jai and Sandhya were helping.

Akira and Dev held each other's hand and the chandelier hanging on the ceiling fell on top of them separating them once again.

Dev and Akira were inches away from each other trying to hold hands for the last time.
Akira closed her eyes in defeat and looked the other way.

"A..ki..ra...loo..k...at...me..." Dev said struggling.

Akira looked at him, "I'm tired"

Dev chuckled in pain and Akira struggled to move closer but was successful and finally their hands joined for the last time.

A second later the police and firemen with Sandhya and Jai made it in the building only to find the pale bodies of Dev and Akira holding hands.

"Jai this place will blow up...we need to get them out of here." Sandhya not believing of Akiras death.

"Mam they are gone...there is no point in risking our lives." A firemen said.

"No!! They aren't dead!! Akira is just joking." Sandhya laughed in pain.

Jai hugged her and helped her get out of the venue, Jai looked back at the venue and could see Akira and Devs soul leaving their bodies and being together.

She smiled and hugged Sandhya tightly in grief.
Jai remembered all the things Akira said about only living once and hanging from the skyscraper, he finally found out she was trying to hint her dying.

The venue blew into little pieces leaving no trace of Akira and Dev. If they can't be together in life they will be together in death.

Authors Note:

This was such an emotional chapter for me because well it's the last one. I'm going to miss writing this book so much!! There isn't going to be a sequel because I think it just ends here. Thank you guys so much you guys are the reason this book is successful!! I don't have words to express how much I love you puppylovers!!

I really hope you enjoyed reading this book and hopefully this taught you not to hang from a skyscraper 🙂🙂

Once again love you and bye!!