Heroes

I'm going to try to keep a more positive attitude.  I've got a few things I want to work on before everything kicks off. When we get to Requiem and I have to wake John up I have to get him off this ship fast. Which means I need a route. I think the best bet would be to take John down the hall and up the elevator shaft. That can get us outside the ship and John will have to just fall. The main gate to Requiem will open and we have to fall. It's the only way down, and the Librarian believes it'll work. So I have to believe it will work. There are going to be Elites nearby. So I should come up with a plan in case they attack. Which they will. I think I know exactly what we can do. If John manually turns them on I can launch missiles to blow up the Covenant ships that will be there. He would have to hit the activation switch and then I can take it from there. If everything goes as planned we should get launched straight through the gate and onto Requiem. From there we can find the Didact, the Librarian and contact Infinity. Then we can go home. Or, at least John can. Humanity will be safe once again, and everyone will be happy. Except us. That's the problem with being the hero. You sacrifice your own happiness for the fate of the world. Everyone but us will be happy, I will die and John will be alone. It never works out good for the hero, they always lose. We probably won't even get recognized as the hero. If we run into the captain of the Infinity and I show that I'm rampant he will order John to surrender me to him. John won't allow this and will say no. He will be going against direct orders from a captain, which is against the law. Oni will make us sound the like the bad guys. Everyone will think we aren't as good as they were told. That we are evil. No one will remember us for saving the world. They will remember us for ending it. Because that's what they were told, and that's what they have to believe. The hero never wins, they only lose, and man are we ever about to lose.