Connection Lost

I should just about be close enough to speak with the Elites. So I'm going to try and see if I can catch their comm lines, shouldn't be too difficult. Oh, that's weird... There isn't any signal. That can't be I can see the ships are there. The Librarian has said so herself. But there is no signal. I can't be missing it and there's no way they could hide it from me. Not like they'd try anyway. I don't know why I can't catch their signal. I should contact the Librarian about this.
"Librarian, come in, are you there?"
"I'm here Cortana, what is it?" She answers.
"There seems to be something weird with the Elites. They aren't giving off any signal. I can't catch their comm lines." I say, explaining the problem.
"Didact... Damnit. Ok let me see what I can do."
"The Didact is causing this? How?" I ask confused.
"Even though he is trapped he has very small control over Requiem. He must have blocked the Elitesdv signal so I couldn't communicate with them. Not like I wanted too."
"Can you break the signal?"
"I can, but I need you to work fast. Once I open the signal back up for you there won't be much time. You will have to get in fast. Once you get connected you're good. He can't stop you then." She explains.
"Ok when can I get in?" I ask preparing.
"Just give me a minute.... And there it is, go now fast." She tells me.
Ok I'm picking up a signal and I got it. There we go.
"I'm in." I tell her.
"Ok good. Now you can talk to these Elites whenever you want."
"Thank you Librarian."
"No problem."
Ok now I can get to work. I'll probably wait a little bit before I contact them. But I least I can now. I'm impressed that the Didact can do that.
Blocking signals even when in prison is surprising. I'm still quite a ways away from Requiem but I am on my way. I've already made sure everything is prepped and ready to go for our arrival. Now is the interesting part. I get to mess with the Elites until we get there. Something tells me I'm going to have a good time making Jul Mdama angry. He won't handle it well. Which is why it'll be so much fun. He won't be able to do anything about it.