Day Two: Being Thankful

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
‭‭
-2 Corinthians‬ ‭9:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

~
Song: Our God Reigns ft. BJ Putnam by Israel & New Breed
~

We should try to think about all God has blessed us with constantly, and try to be thankful and give as much as we can. However, do we really do this every day?

We should, but usually get caught up with our daily problems and focus on our well being instead of thinking of others, or focus on the negative and forget all about giving thanks to our Creator.

Daily, we should strive to be a positive light to the people around us. If you see that person with a cardboard sign on the side of the road, give them all the change in your pocket instead of just $1. If someone's being left out, hang out with them and make them feel welcome; even if it costs you the company you wanted to spend time with.

God didn't make us to be ungrateful, selfish people! He wanted us to be thankful, cheerful givers; and that's what we should strive for.

~

Prayer: Lord, you are an amazing God. I thank you for the little things in life you do to make me smile, and for all the major things you've blessed me with. Forgive me for not being as grateful as I should, and for being a selfish person. Help me to always focus on the positive, and to give from the bottom of my heart. I love you so much, and thank you for this day. Amen.