Chapter 2: Just The Beginning

Irritated Gabby figures that its best to just to stay quiet. If the wrong word just so happens to slip out her mouth, she might just die ''or it might just so happen that ''he'' has to come and get something from upstairs as soon as I go up the stairs'' Gabby says to herself. ''Yes ma'am, I understand what you mean'' Gabby explains to her mother as she sadly and slowly walks across the kitchen floor with her bony legs and shriveled toes, looking as if cocaine is her breakfast, lunch, and dinner even though she doesn't do drugs[yet]. Before Gabby's foot could make its landing to the first step of the staircase, she felt someone's breath on her neck and hand on her body. Her mother wasn't gay so there was only one other option of what was going on. Almost automatically all the muscles in her body tightened and clenched as if one of her body parts were going to fall. She tried to say something. Maybe say,''Hey don't do that low-down dirty excuse for a man'' but they both knew that was not possibly happening. She herself didn't even expect those words to come out her mouth so how could Gabby expect him to think that she would say anything close to that. In an instant, this mysterious hand got lower and the tantalizing voice slowly stated,''Go put on something sexy, I'll be up in a minute.'' The voice was so deep and intimidating that all Gabby did was keep her head down, nod very stiffly, and continued up the stairs in a slow motion. A yelling sound came from behind her saying,''And hurry up!!!'' Gabby again stiffly nodded and made a quick movement to look over at Maria to see her reaction. Once she looked, Maria was smiling the biggest smile that she has smiled in the many years that Gabby has known her, which has been ever since Gabby was born. I guess that is when Maria became unhappy, but why? ''Its not my fault that I was born!!!'' ''If we're being completely honest, its your fault so why be mad at me for what I can't control'' These same statements/questions had been playing over and over in her mind ever since...that's not important. When will it end?