12// the smile which made my knees wobble

P I P E R //

"Cara what did you draw for Art?" I asked as I tried to delicately put my canvas in my locker. So far it wasn't working as my locker was a warzone.

She faced her canvas to me and I rolled my eyes at what she drew, "Really? A heart? Cara I expected more from you." I pretended to scold her acting like a parent who caught their daughter doing something wrong.

"What?" She defended hugging the enormous canvas, "I was in the mood of love so I drew a heart."

"Whatever you say," I muttered pushing the huge stack of papers towards the corner of my locker.

"What did you draw huh? Probably another Hershey bar."

"Contrary to your belief, I actually drew something else," I stated as I turned around to face her, my canvas still in my hand.

"Like what?" She challenged raising her brows.

"A wolf" I stated in a matter of fact.

Her eyes bulged out of her sockets and I rolled my eyes once again at her dramatic theatrics, "Really?!" She started jumping up and down.

"Can I see?!" She squealed acting like a five year old on a sugar rush. "Chill sugar rush, here." I turned my canvas around so it was facing her.

Her eyebrows scrunched up as she examined what I drew and I leaned against my locker, eyes closed, waiting for her to finish.

"Oh my god-" Cara started and I was waiting for her squeaky voice to start yelling about what I drew,

"That is amazing!" Her voice suddenly sounded deeper and huskier and I opened my eyes in confusion and looked at Cara who suddenly shut up and motioned me to look next to her.

I rubbed my eyes and looked to see Vincent gazing at my canvas in awe and I suddenly felt uncomfortable and exposed because he saw what I drew. My cheeks started to flush and I cursed under my breath blowing air out of my mouth trying to cool my cheeks.

"Oh uh-um," Frick, I started to stutter. I quickly turned my canvas so it facing the lockers which made Vincent's attention on my face.

I quickly drew a huge breath and smiled at him, "Thank you."

He flashed me a smile, a smile.

No, not a smirk, not the 'I wanna bang you face' but an actual smile and I would be lying if I didn't say that his smile made my knees wobble. When he smiled, he actually looked innocent and dare I say cute?

He cleared his throat and I snapped out of my gaze realizing I was staring at his face for good minute. I looked at Cara and suddenly remembered she was still here my cheeks started to flush again and I groaned internally.

Great he thinks I'm a creep for staring at him and now I'm blushing like a little girl who saw pads for the first time.

"Why'd you draw a wolf Pip?" Cara oh so innocently asked but I could see through that little smirk she was putting up. The girl was slowly transforming into Satan and would ruin my existence in front of Vincent.

Okay so I may be exaggerating, but with Cara you'll never know.

Vincent's attention turned back to me as he suddenly remembered that he should've asked that question, "Oh yea, why did you?"

Please don't put the pieces together.

I shrugged casually but threw Cara a swift glare in which she gave me a cheeky smile.