Waking Up To Be Knocked Out

Finnick's POV

I wake up with a pounding in my head in a strange room. Then I remember the arena collapsing and me and Joanna trying to get Peeta and Katniss to the hovercraft. I sit up and I walk down the hallway and hear voices and I see Haymitch and Plutarch talking with their back toward me.

"Where is everyone?" I ask as I walk into the room.

"Katniss, Beetee, and you are the only ones that we got a chance to save." Says Plutarch.

I hear footsteps and that is when I see Katniss walk in.

Katniss POV

"Where is Peeta?" I demand as I look between Plutrach, Haymitch, and Finnick.

Before anyone can answer my question a screen pops up with a live broadcast from the Capital. That's when I see Joanna and Annie chained to a whipping posts in front of Snow. I look over and see Finnick's face turn from shock into horror. Snow walks over to Annie first and asks her about the rebellion but she does not say a word. That is when Snow rips her shirt off and start to whip her repeatedly. Each time the whip meets her back I see a part of Finnick die slowly. That's when Snow stops abruptly to Joanna screaming at him.

"She knows nothing about it we never told her." says Joanna

"Then there is no use for a mad girl from district 4." Snow says.

The camera zooms in on Annie tear stained face as Snow pulls out a gun.

"In last words Miss. Cresta?" asks Snow.

"I'm sorry Finnick. I will always love you.'" Annie chocks out.

President Snow then shoots her multiple times in the head and the moves on to Joanna. But that's when Finnick slings a chair into the screen and it shatters into pieces. Finnick lunges at Plutrach and slams him against the wall with his hand around his neck.

" You told me you would keep her safe if I helped you keep Katniss alive in the arena until you got all of us out. But now the only person that keeps me sane is dead because of you." He screams at Plutrach.

That's when Haymitch stabs a syringe in Finnick's neck and he passes out.

" Damn it Haymitch where is Peeta!" I say.

"He was killed by Snow earlier this morning he televised it live." Says Haymitch.

That's when all logic goes out the window I take the syringe in my hand and lunge at Haymitch. I try to stab him in the neck but that's when Plutrach grabs me from behind.

"You won't feel a thing." He says.

My world goes black.