I scooped her up into my arms and placed her on the bed. Kumuha ako ng isa pang tuwalya para tuyuin ang buhok niya.

            "That feels so good," she murmured. Napangiti ako at bigla na lang siyang hinila palapit sa akin. Niyakap ko siya kahit nakatalikod siya. I buried my face on her still damp hair and yes, it feel so damn good. My sweet Dulcinea. "Hmm."

            Hinanap ng kamay ko ang buhol ng tuwalya niya at tinanggal ito. It slid off her smooth and delicate skin. Hinalikan ko ang leeg niya at napaungol siya. It sounded like an open invitation to me so I continued. Her voice sounded like an angel's.

            Iniyapos ko ang mga braso ko sa bewang niya habang patuloy sa pag-gawad ng mga halik sa leeg niya.

            "The Rose." Her voice cracked a little. "Lang Leav."

            It took me a moment to understand why she said that. She wanted me to recite the poem out loud. Natawa ako sa tinuran niya.

            I've almost forgotten how much of a nerd I was when Elaine and I became an item. She was into sports and I wanted to please her so I learned tennis and baseball. 'yon na ang quality time naming dalawa. Pero hindi ko alam na sa mga ginagawa kong 'yon ay nakakalimutan ko na kung ano talaga ang gusto ko, kung sino talaga ako.

            Being with Sam reminded me of who I really am.

            Beneath the businessman that I am now, is the nerdy Zade Andrei Hurdiss Monteverde. I am never a fan of tennis, nor baseball. I'm a fan of classical literature. I never liked sports, I liked books and coffee. I was a nerd, and as I sank deep into my thoughts, I bumped into a sudden realization.

            I was a nerd, and I still am. This is who I am.

            Sam had never been ashamed of it.

            Idinikit ko ang mukha ko sa buhok ni Sam at napapikit ako nang maamoy ko ito. Heavenly. That's what the smell is like.

            "Have you ever loved a rose, and watched her slowly bloom; and as her petals would unfold, you grew drunk on her perfume..." I started. Iniharap ko siya sa akin, her expression told me that she wanted me as much as I wanted her.

            She reached for my face and kissed me so I did the most sensible thing to do: I kissed her back with the same passion. Binuhat ko siya at inilagay sa mga hita ko. I shifted a bit to accommodate her weight. Her skin was hot and it scorched mine.

            Kinagat ko ang labi niya at sinipsip ito. She put her fingers on my hair and tugged. I love that. God, I love everything she's doing to me. She could slap me or smack me, but I would still look at her with a lovesick glint in my eyes.

            "Have you ever seen her dance, her leaves all wet with dew; and quivered with a new romance—the wind, he loved her too..." My voice was barely audible but I continued.

            She smiled that wonderful smile of hers and something inside me ignited.

            Her hands found the buttons of my polo and she undid them slowly, torturing me.

            "Babe, please..." I begged in a voice so ragged that I couldn't even recognize it.

            "Have you ever longed for her, on nights that go on and on; for now, her face is all a blur, like a memory kept too long..." Itinuloy niya ang tula.

            Higit-higit ko ang hininga ko habang tinatanggal niya sa akin ang polo. She pushed it on the other side of the bed and looked at me. She ran her fingers on my abdomen and I cursed under my breath as I let her put me in hysteria. My emotions are swirling in a murky tornado.