|33| p o p s i c l e

Start from the beginning

****

"Anna, don't stress yourself over this. It's Tuesday! We'd see if you made it!" Lily smiled widely, sitting beside me on a high stool.

Yes, today was Tuesday and the nerves weren't also helping in calming me down. I knew for a fact, that I was a full on bundle of jumpy nerves today, and the anxiety of knowing that the results would be posted a little later before lunch, freaked me out a little.

"You think, I'm gonna make it?"

"Of course, Anna! My goodness! Writing is your life. How can you not make it?"

I chuckled at Lily's confidence in my skills at writing. It flattered me a lot, really. I knew, I don't really suck much at writng but I am no pro either. I was in the middle of frustrated and a little skilled.

Thank heavens that coffee and cups of hot chocolate are a writer's best friend, or else I would've never submitted anything.

I thanked Lily, and she simply brushed it off with a flick of her wirst and continued to babble on how, and I quote, "frustratingly annoying and hopeless, but somehow a little cute." Vincent is.

How Lily.

I wondered briefly, how on Earth, Mrs. Harris just plain-out, straight ignored Lily's loud voice in her class as she continued to discuss as if she hadn't noticed a strawberry-blonde girl, bubbling her head cheerfully as she spoke.

And Lily said that our Home EC teacher hated her secretly...

"How on Earth, can Patrick stand him?" She continued, obviously regretting what she said upon seeing my crest-fallen reaction on hearing Patrick's name.

She said sorry for about a million times, and even told me that she's willing to threaten Patrick into talking to me. Of course, I said no. That would be Plan B, in case, he really has no plans of talking to me.

She told me I shouldn't be this bothered. It'll pass, she said. Somehow, I can't completely believe that thought though. Especially wih the way Patrick had been acting. He was never like this, well, until now.

"Lily, I can't help it if it bothers me. I'm his best friend and now, look at us. I don't even have an idea on what's going on with him," I sighed. Tiredly pushing my hair back from my face.

She nodded understandingly. "I get what you mean, but don't you think you're just stressing out over something that's not even worth stressing about?"

"What do you mean?"

Her eyes sparkled and she opened her mouth, but I immediately intercepted her by quickly placing a hand over her lips. "Please, don't sing what I said. I swear, I can't say those words in one sentence anymore without someone blasting it out in a song seconds later."

She rolled her eyes and huffed, but nodded anyways. I thankfully smiled at her and removed my hand.

"I mean... what if, what if, you're just overthinking things."

"I don't know Lily... the way he's been ignoring me for days don't seem like I'm just over reacting."

I did call him. One or twice and he never picked up nor replied to any of my messages. I even sent him a short message on Facebook, asking how was he. And I got nothing, except for an annoying 'seen'.

Lily apologetically smiled at me, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "I'm sorry, Anna."

I smiled back at her. "It's okay... it's gonna be okay."

I didn't know who I was trying to reassure - Lily or myself. All I know was it hurt, but I'm gonna get through. I just know it.

****