3

Content Warning: strong language, anxiety

A/N: :)

Enjoy!

_                                                                     _

«Dan's POV»

"Daniel Howell?" the teacher asked. "Is there a Daniel Howell?"

I raised my hand up shyly. "Here."

She smiled. "Come up here, Daniel. I do believe you are new; why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself?"

I felt a lump in my throat and I shook my head. "N.. no I- uh..." Damn you, social anxiety.

"It's okay," she said, "you can stay in your seat."

I felt everyone's eyes on me as I gulped. How do I explain? How do I say I can't speak in front of a large amount of people? Oh wait; I can't, because I'm in front of a large amount of people. My cheeks went completely red and my eyes started to sting with tears as I hung my head down and shook it. "N-no thank you."

She let out a worried sigh and continued to take role call.

Most people think I'm confident, but I'm not. I can talk to most people with ease...

...if I know them.

Otherwise, I freeze up and can't do or say anything. Social anxiety: a very sucky feeling

>•<

At lunch, I quickly passed through the lunch line, grabbed my food, and sat at an empty table. I stirred the macaroni around my bowl, not daring to take a bite of the school's poison, but knowing I'd have to eventually.

I didn't know anyone at all here yet. No one introduced themselves to me. So, I decided to message Phil.

»«Skype Chat»«

Dan

Phil

Philu-Senpai?

Dan-kun?

I'm all alone at lunch

Me 2
Twinning

You Spork

:)

So I guess we're not at the same school then...

You never know; maybe we're just far out of sight from each other

If that's the case, come look for me then.

Ok
I'm looking
I don't see you
Hmm
What side of the cafeteria are you on?

Back left
There's a sign that says 'Don't leave trash on the table! Thanks a minion!'
Ugh barf so cheesy

We have one of those at our school
Except it's a hand drawn version by a student

This one is hand drawn

Are we...?

Omg Phil go to the center of the cafeteria

Ok
That's where the trash bin is anyways

«Dan's POV»

I stood up with my tray. I had barely eaten the noodles, but I had devoured my apple as I had been so nervous while chatting with Phil.

What if we were in the same school? Would I be able to handle everything? What would I do?

I got up and wandered towards what would be the center of the cafeteria, spotting the trash bins Phil was talking about. Oh my God he must be here, I thought, looking around frantically.

As I was dumping my tray into the bucket, I heard my name get called. "DAN!"

I whipped around and saw Phil.

Holy shit! This is real. This is real. This is happening.

I felt tears of joy begin to well up in my eyes and I dropped the tray, sprinting towards the raven haired boy.

"PHIL!"