Chapter 41- The Yule Ball

I was nervous as hell. Classes had just gotten out early to allow us time to get ready. Girls were screaming and giggling everywhere, and boys were bragging and boasting about who their date was. Hermione and I ran up to the common room, throwing our bags on the armchairs by the fire, then hustled up the stairs to our dormitory. When we got up there, we found Lavender, Anna, and Pavarti all hustling around, taking showers, doing makeup, and talking. Hermione and I slipped passed them, and headed to our corner of the dormitory, which, thankfully, had its own bathroom. Hermione then popped into the shower, and I pulled out my dress, laying it on my bed.

Hermione quickly emerged from the shower, threw on a tee shirt and pants, and then set on drying her hair. I slipped into the shower after her, letting the hot water run down my back. I washed my hair quickly, and then scrubbed at my face. A few minutes later I slipped out again and threw on some clothes, just a plain Gryffindor tee shirt and some sweats.

I sat down next to Hermione on the bed, using my wand to dry my hair into curls. My hair was super long now, and naturally wavy, but with the small corkscrews I put in it, it only fell to my elbows. I used some of the silver hairpins I had bought to pin up one side, and then let the other side fall naturally. Hermione had her hair in a gorgeous up-do, with small curled pieces that fell here and there.

"Mione, you look stunning. Krum's gonna die." I said as I reached for the small box of make-up Hermione was letting me borrow. Hermione blushed. "Hey, I actually have no idea how to do make-up, can you help me?" I asked, setting the pad down. Hermione smiled and nodded, then sat me in front of the mirror. She immediately set to work, her nimble fingers grabbing brushes and tools. I told her to not go all out. I didn't want to look like a cupcake. I sat there obediently while she worked, letting her decide my look. I had no idea how to use makeup anyways.

"There you go." She said finally, so I spun around and looked in the mirror. My jaw dropped. I looked about 25 and totally hot.

"Mione dear god you are god with make-up." I said softly. She chuckled and went to finish her own makeup, while I inspected my face. She honestly hadn't put much on, but it was enough to define and shape my face. My cheeks were ever so rosy, and my eyes had black liquid eyeliner winged out. My eyelids were shaded with a dark skin tone, which was subtle but effective. I had small sparkles of silver here and there, so when I turned and my skin caught the light it sparkled. My lips were their natural color, but still they sparkled with a clear gloss Hermione had put on them. I loved it.

I finally pulled my dress on. It was stunning. I checked in the mirror and saw that my hair and makeup complimented the dress wonderfully. Giving myself one spin, I walked out of the bathroom to see Hermione spinning her own dress.

I grabbed my jewelry- dangly silver earrings with small crystals in them, and a silver ring that wound around my finger like a snake- and threw them on. I knew Draco would like the ring.

"Hermione you look gorgeous, I don't think I can say it enough," I said, awing at her figure. She looked stunning, and her dress made her look slim and fit. Her make-up was light and simple, but it was beautiful all the same.

"oH MY GOSH SAIGE!" She screamed when she looked at me. I blushed deep red and proceeded to put on my shoes. Hermione and I had practiced walking in them during the week, so we were both masters now. "You look stunning!" She said, standing next to me, walking around in her schools. I sheepishly thanked her and checked the time. 6:45. The ball officially started at 7.

"How much longer do you want to wait?" I asked. "The ball doesn't start for another 15 minutes." Hermione pursed her lips.

"Maybe we should head down in like 5 minutes, so we have enough time to get down there. We don't want to be late." She said, and I nodded. We sat and made small talk for a few minutes, then I finally peeked out of the dormitory to see if the boys had already left. We didn't want Harry and Ron to see us. Lavender and the others had left a minute ago, so I pulled Hermione out of the room. We crept out of the common room, slipping down the stairs and into the long hallways of the castle. People were hurrying down the corridors, dressed up and talking with their dates. Hermione and I walked confidently, but I was internally screaming. As we came to the staircase leading down to the great hall, I paused. Hermione turned around to look at me funny.