Chapter 18: The Truth

**July 31**

With another successful full moon in the past, I stood in the kitchen making my breakfast and Dad's tea. I already sent Harry and Mira's birthday letters off, just before I came downstairs.

There was a sudden knock upon the door.

"Hell-Oh. It's you. What do you want, Cedric?" I exclaim, exasperated.

"You. I have no idea what came over me! Honestly! I don't love Cho. I love you! Just look at the rose I gave you for your birthday." I winced at the mention of that day. The day my heart was broken. The day I felt my world shake and crumble beneath my own feet, as the rain I created pounded down upon my sorrow.

"Accio." I whispered, and the rose flew into my hand. It was a full bloomed, beautiful red rose. "So what? You love me today, but not last week. So what about next week, hmm? Or how about next month? Hell, next year?" My voice rises with each word, as the tears cascade down.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you. I'm not at all sure what happened. But I will find out. I promise you that. I love you, Lily." He said as a tear ran down his face. And with that, Cedric was gone.

I slammed the door shut and locked it with my wind. I went back into the kitchen and took the cup of tea dad had made me. Once calm I looked up at him and asked,

"Why does he do this to me?"

"I don't know, sweetheart. But just consider: maybe something did happen. I'm not sure what. But just maybe he could be telling you the truth." With that comment lingering, dad stood, and went back to bed. I ate my breakfast and went to the Weasley's.

Almost as soon as the purple flames left my feet, three owls flew through the window. I grabbed the letters labeled Lily Lupin, Fred Weasley, and George Weasley.

"Fred! George! OWL results are here!" I shouted up the stairs. Mrs. Weasley reached the bottom first, followed solemnly by Fred and George. I handed them theirs and tore my letter open.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Pass Grades Fail Grades

Outstanding (O) Poor (P)
Exceeds Expectations (E) Dreadful (D)
Acceptable (A) Troll (T)

Lily Andromeda Lupin
has achieved

Ancient Runes O
Astronomy O
Care of Magical Creatures E
Charms O
Defense Against the Dark Arts O
Potions O
Transfiguration O
Herebology O
History of Magic E

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore
Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards

"Well?" Mrs. Weasley anxiously awaited our responses.

"Seven OWLs.. I got seven.." I said in shock

"Congratulations!" Mrs. Weasley squealed happily, gaving me a bone crushing hug, and a kiss on the cheek.

"Three." The twins said.

"Well. It can't be helped now." Mrs. Weasley replied in shock disappointment.

"Gemino." And the one parchment became two identical pieces. I folded mine up and placed it in my trunk. The other I put in an envelope and sent Athena off to dad's.

**August 14**

We sat around the table, eating breakfast. When five owls landed on the window sill. Ron rose and handed us each our Hogwarts letters.

Sixth year students will require:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 6 by Miranda Goshawk
Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage
Confronting the Faceless
A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
Advanced Rune Translation
Flesh-Eating Trees of the World

Mrs. Weasley looked at Fred's letter, "Well shall we go after breakfast then?" We all nodded happily.

**Diagon Alley**

We went to Gringotts, where I pulled out enough money to last the school year. Fred, George, and I walked off, while Ginny and Ron stayed with their mum.

We went into Flourish and Blotts, grabbed all of our books, exiting the shop in record time to see Chang yelling at Cedric. She's probably hurt he changed his mind, again.

We were only trying to walk past but I caught him asking her what she did to him for him to leave me.

"I didn't do anything! You're just fickle!"

"No. I'm not. You did something to me. I know it. I love Lily too much to do that to her!"

"Oh please. I'm so done with this!" Chang tried to walk off.

"Tell me dammit!" Cedric shouted at her in desperation, as she sneered at him. Not a good look on her.

"Ugh! You're never going to leave me alone, are you?" He shook his head. "Fine. I gave you a love potion! Happy? Now go somewhere!"

Before either of them could see us, I grabbed Fred and George's hands. With a puff of purple flames we were standing next to Mrs. Weasley in Madam Malkins shop, where Ron was being fitted for new robes.

As I tried to catch my breath I looked at Fred and George with my emerald eyes full of pain.

"A.....love....potion....?"

"Seems so." They replied with sad smiles, as Fred hugged me close.

I put this new information at the back of my mind. I'll deal with it at school. For now, I am going to enjoy the rest of my break.

********************

Fan. Vote. Comment.

Love you all. Let me know what you think!