The Traveler || Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

As Luke awaken's from his sleep he realizes that he is still in the study laying on the carpet. As he looks to his side, he doesn't see Ashton. "Was I dreaming again?" Luke thought to himself. Luke got up from the carpet and began to get dressed when Ashton walked in with a tray of wine and food.

"Oh, you're awake! I didn't want to wake you up, I thought you would be hungry.." Ashton said with a small smile playing on his face. Luke's heart starts beating fast as Ashton walks towards him, placing the tray on the small table by the couch.

"Was I asleep long?" Luke asked, not sure if what just happened was a dream or not.

"Not long.." Ashton was now standing beside Luke, planting a small kiss his cheek, "We had a exciting moment. You slept for half hour," Ashton says with a soft tone.

"Oh, I thought I was dreaming again!" Luke exclaims before catching himself. "Again?!" Ashton asked with a slight amused smile. "You dreamt of us together before?" Ashton states with a huge smile showing his dimple. "Yes, I dreamt I heard you calling me into the west wing. It felt so real like it was truly happening." Luke said as he looks into Ashton's hazel-eyes.

"I know I'm not allowed to go to the west wing but—I couldn't help myself. It was like I was being pulled to you..." Luke states while gently pushing Ashton's long hair behind his ears, Luke continues though,

"I feel like we're so connected in some way; I feel so at ease with you." Ashton smiles softly at Luke, wanting to tell him the truth; his secret. "That's a beautiful dream. Make sure Rose doesn't know, she will cook you for dinner." Ashton let's out a small laugh when he said those words which Luke's eyes widen in fear, "Oh no, please don't tell her, I won't cook very well, I have no meat." Luke responded, pretending to be afraid.

As they laughed, Rose walked in, "Do you want to eat dinner here or in the dining room?" Rose asked with a serious tone. Ashton who is still laughing, says out, "We will have dinner here. What is on the menu for tonight, Rose?" asked Ashton as he looked at Luke making a silly face.

"Well, I was gonna cook Luke but he barely has any meat just all bones and then I was thinking of cooking you, Sir Ashton, but you just have too much fat. So, you will just be having beef stew." Rose stated with a serious tone as if she was being very serious about cooking them. Both Ashton and Luke stopped laughing and looked at Rose as if she gone insane.

"Um, good one Rose," Ashton replied with a wiry voice, "Well, it's also against the law, cannibalism is been illegal for many centuries. And I'm too pretty to go to jail!" Rose said as she walks out the room before closing the door, she looks back at the boys with their eyes still open wide, she gives them a small smile leaving them more confused before she let's out a laughs.

"Silly boys," Rose mumbles as she closes the door. Ashton and Luke looks at each other and then started laughing even more. "Oh, my god, I thought she was being serious!" Luke yelled loudly as he bends over, slapping his knee like a madman.

"She called me fat," Ashton said looking at his body. "Am I fat?" He asked while trying to stick out his belly. "Yes, yes you are but I love it.." Luke replies shyly with a smile before he kisses Ashton's belly making the older man blush. Ashton touches Luke's soft pale face staring into his beautiful blue-eyes, giving him a soft kiss on his forehead. Laying back down on the carpet, laying in each arms, Luke notices that Ashton's heart isn't beating but he knows he is breathing.

"I can't— I can't hear your heart." Luke asked Ashton in confusion. "Oh, my heart beats at a slow rate that you can barely hear it. But I'm still breathing so it's nothing to worry about." Ashton says in a calming voice making the blonde sigh in relief.

"Oh, I never heard of that before. Is there anything else I need to know so I don't have to worry about?" Luke asked looking into Ashton's eyes,

"Yes, I like to bite." Ashton says before playfully trying to bite Luke, Luke squealed like a girl, trying to get away from Ashton, "Okay, okay, I give up!" Luke yells with a loud laugh. Ashton stops to hold Luke close to him.

Laying on the carpet, Luke couldn't help but think about the dream he had. Why was the west wing restricted? What is Ashton hiding in there? As these thoughts was running through Luke's mind, Ashton interrupted his thoughts, "What're you thinking about, Lukey Boy?" He asked softly, running his fingertips in Luke's blonde hair softly, "Oh nothing.." Luke lied quickly.

"You're thinking about something. You can tell me anything or ask me anything, you know that right?" Ashton asked as he looks at Luke with soft hazel-eyes. "I was just wondering about.." Luke was saved from finishing his sentence when Rose walked in to bring them their dinner.

"Oh dinner is here, great! I'm starving!" Luke says, jumping up from the floor before walking over to Rose to help her with the tray. "Let me help you Rose," Luke says as he grabs the tray from Rose's wrinkle hands.

"Oh! Thank you, Luke. I'll come back with the wine." Rose spoke as she turns to leave the study. Luke puts the tray down on the carpet so they can enjoy their dinner. As Ashton and Luke are eating there dinner, Ashton looks up at Luke, "So, are you going to finish telling me what you was thinking?" Luke freezes in his spot for a moment hoping Ashton would not ask him to finish the conversation.

"Oh, it's nothing, don't worry about.." Luke replied nervously, trying to move on from the topic. "It's about the west wing, isn't it?" Ashton says with a small smirk. "Yes, yes it is. I'm curious to why I can't go and why I was there in my dream and not in reality." Luke spoke softly bowing his head down as he looks to the side, his tone was laced with excitement.

"There is many things you don't know about me and I wish to share it with you but now is not the time. But please don't go into the west wing, okay?" Ashton states with a serious tone.

"I know and I don't want to push you but I just need to know..." Luke rambles, "Luke—just, just stop, please," Ashton begs, trying to make Luke to stop but Luke continues to go on.

"I'm sorry that I'm naturally curious, I need to know! Like, are you hiding something over there? What's the deep dark secret you have, please tell me why can't I go to the west wing?!" Luke screeches to Ashton making the broader male turn with an angry expression, scaring Luke on what he did next.

"BECAUSE YOU CAN'T, SO STOP!" Ashton yells, his voice booming around the small Study room making Luke moves back only to fall in process, his blue-eyes wide and welled with tears, threatening to fall which they did. Ashton looks down at his plate with a small sigh as he puts down his fork.

"I'm—I'm sorry, Ashton." Luke says with tears streaming down his face as he runs out the Study leaving Ashton with his head down in sadness and disappointment. As Luke rans out the Study, he nearly runs into Rose who gave the tall blonde a look of concern.

"Are you okay, my sweet child?" Rose asks with concern laced in her voice, looking deeply into Luke's teary blue-eyes. Luke just shook his head no before he continues running to his room, leaving Rose standing there wondering what happen between Luke and Ashton.

As Rose enters the Study to speak with Ashton but when she got inside, he was sitting by the fire place, staring at it intensely, "He's not ready, Rose. Maybe you're right.." he says with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"No, he is the one but— you must be patient with him. I saw it in his eyes, his love for you is pure. He's the one." Rose says as she sits beside Ashton wiping his tear from his eyes which was the color light gold but Ashton looks away, taking a deep breath in before staring at the ground.

"Why do I have to be this way?"