Chapter 47

Dylan’s Pov

The court date is today. Today is when I testify against Rayson. I want him put away he deserves it after what he has done to me. Maybe he will get punished by a guard or by another prisoner and feel the pain that I felt. My back is getting better the marks are slowly becoming scapes luckily they were not deep enough to become permit scars. The marks on my wrists were totally gone by now. Now what is left is haunting nightmares and haunting thoughts of what is now my past. I got up early to get my homework done. I went over to the shower room to take a shower and got ready for the day. I missed Cain but I know that he needs help with his addiction and so do I. Maybe if I go back to the US I will find a councilor. My mother surprised me when she called now I have a choice to either stay here or be back in the US where I belong. Thinking more of Lucas and being more with Lucas has opened my heart in ways that I didn’t know that he can heal me like that. It’s going to be ok now. I care for Lucas. I may even like him more then I thought. If I leave then what will happen to our relationship?

I went into the court room my lawyer was waiting for me he is Mr. Mason’s lawyer that he let me use and he would pay him. I sat next to my lawyer Mr. Lockwood. He told me to keep calm and just answer the questions I am given. I decided I wanted to do this court thing on my own without Lucas being there which he decided to support me on. I will get embarrassed during this session and don’t want Lucas to see that side of me.

The judge sat down in his chair and hammered his hammer to have order in the court room. The room went quiet. People gasp when Rayson walks into the room two police guards were behind him. Rayson’s hands were cuffed. I look over at him with disgust. Mr. Lockwood looks over at me; noticing the flare in my eyes he puts a hand on my shoulder for reassurance. “Are you alright?”

Keeping my eyes on Rayson I answer, “I’m fine. Just do your job.”

Mr. Lockwood nods letting go of my shoulder, “Don’t worry I will do what it takes to bring your uncle down.”

They put Rayson in the stand. His eyes looking at me and he grins. I look away disgusted I bet he is thinking about my body when he grins like that.

The guards were on either side of Rayson next to both entrance in the front so if Rayson tries running out they would catch him. The judge nods to Mr. Lockwood and he stood up to the front and walks next to the stand, “Rayson is it? Is it true that you sexually abused my client and your nephew?”

People gasp. Rayson looks over my way, “Why you little brat how dare you tell a lie like that!”

I gasp as he said those words. The judge hammers the hammer,  “I won’t allow foul language Rayson.”

“So you say he is lying?” Lockwood says looking over at me as I shook my head. He looks over to Rayson, “then what do you call this?” he gives the evidence to the judge.

He looks at it and with a wide surprise expression he looks over at me and then at Rayson, “This is sick!”

Rayson looks down at the stand table.

The Judge looks over to Rayson, “I will have your nephew to explain this to us. To you know that you can go to jail for a very long time not just because of this abuse but also because of his age?”

Rayson nods, fear in his eyes. I was called up to the stand now.

“When did this first start?”

“Last month.”

“So he became your lover?”

“Yes. He asked me at first and I agreed to it but now I know that shouldn’t of done any of it.”

“Why would you agree to be his lover?”

I look down ashamed, “Can we please not go into that detail?”

The judge was taken back for the pleading and he went back to the actual topic,  “When did he start abusing you?”

“It was 4 weeks ago at a cottage he owns.”

“How long was this going on?”

“For 5 weeks.”

“These pictures are horrible. You did this too your nephew Rayson?”

Rayson looks down at the table and nods.

“How could you do this too your own nephew! This is sick!”

“Maybe because he looks so innocent that I wanted to teach him a lesson?”

I shot him a look, “You don’t know anything about me! So don’t tell me that I’m innocent like that!”

“Calm yourself Dylan. I know this is upsetting to you but shouting will not help this?” the judge says.

“Yes sir.”

“Mr. Lexon,” the judge says to one of the guard, “take Rayson to jail for sexual abuse and having sexual relationships with under age and for abuse. He will be in jail for 6 years,” the hammer went down, “case dismissed. Next case now?”

I breathed with a sigh. I won’t have to see Rayson for a very longtime now!