Chapter 2

Disclaimer...Disclaimer...okay now on with the story....btw I never update twice in a day so don't get used to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Ben had me on his side now, we were able to plan out the perfect way to talk to his parents about letting the children on the Isle of the Lost come here. Currently though, we were a bit busy. Seeing that his coronation was coming up, they created a new suit for him, and a new dress for me. However, I had no idea why I had to stand up like a mannequin when they could have used an actual one. Whenever we try to move, we get punctured with a needle, or scolded at. The longer we stay in the room, the longer he stares at the Isle. He really is a dreamer.

"Sleeve...Head..." the two fashion attendants command us as we turn the needed body parts.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby." A deep yet authoritative voice echoes throughout the room. The door reveals Ms. Belle, and Mr. Beast walking in, hand in hand. The Queen wore a beautiful golden yellow dress, similar to the one she had when the castle had been enchanted, yet more casual. Standing next to her, the King wore a simple suit while flaunting his hair, which he had only recently cut.

"He's turning sixteen dear." Belle reprimands her husband, then turns to face me, "Morning Gem. Heard word from your parents yet?"

"Morning Ma'am, and yes, I got many postcards and souvenirs from their galactic trips." I reply, turning to face her, only to be scolded again.

"Hey Pops." Ben chimes in reply to the comment made by his father. It seems that His Majesty seemed to be so pleased that he forgot I was there, but I didn't mind. This was a son-father moment.
G
"Sixteen! That's far too young to be crowned king!" I saw my best friend's face sulk a bit, but lighten up after I give him a pat on his shoulder, much to the refusal of my personal designer. I am very grateful to everyone here, they treat me like family. So much, that I'm even getting fitted for a tiara, signaling that I was practically related to them, even though I wasn't.

"I didn't make a good decision til I was at least...forty-two." The King continues, and with that comment the Queen scoffs as if she had been insulted.

"Uhh...you decided to marry me when you were twenty-eight." Even I felt the sass that statement packed.

"Well it was either you or the teapot." He winks at us, making Ben and myself giggle. However, Belle just rolled her eyes, not amused whatsoever, "I'm kidding." As is he was looking for a way out, he gestured to me.

"Morning Gem, did your parents plan a date to visit?" The King questions, not aware that his wife had asked me a very similar question. But, I answered anyway.

"No, not yet, but I could only hope that they come for family day. Even after 50 years, they're still in the honeymoon stage of their relationship. No time for kids..."

"Don't say that, I'm sure they would be here dear." Belle comforts.

"I hope so." After that I elbow Ben in the side, signaling him to start what we rehearsed countless times.

"Mom, Dad?" I hold his hand as moral support, he was going to step off the podium til the designer signaled him to stop, "I have chosen my first official proclamation."

I could see his parents started to get very excited, which made me start to worry, and everyone knows how rarely that happens. I squeeze his hand, more for myself than for him, however, he still squeezes back with the same vigor.

"I have decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost, be given a chance to live here in Auradon." The King and Queen both had shocked faces, dropping whatever they had in their hands in that very moment, however Ben did not stop.

"Just like we rehearsed," I thought as he continues on. Then, when he finally steps off the podium and closer to his parents I throw a smirk at the attendant, who throws a scowl back at me.

"Every time I look out to the island I feel like they have been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies living among us?" The Kings face were mixed with many different expressions. However, most of them were negatively based, as if Maleficent herself was the one explaining this to them.

"We would start out with a few at first, only ones who need us the most. I've already chosen them." Ben says this with confidence, and ending with his signature grin. My part was coming up soon...

"Have you?" His father had a menacing look on his face, as if he would send his own son to the dungeon if this didn't stop soon. However, due to us predicting this scenario, and practicing many ways to handle it, Ben was nowhere near to backing down yet. Feeling the tension arising Belle scolded her husband.

"I gave you a second chance," she then faced Ben and I, seeing that I was now standing next to him, "Who are their parents?"

Ben and I looked at each other for a moment then started.

"Cruella De Vil," I paused a while to let it sink in.

"Jafar," Ben paused also, watch as their faces git more and more horrified.

"Evil Queen."

"And Maleficent," He says this quickly and stands up straight, prepared for the shouting.

"Maleficent!" Our attendants squeak while quietly excusing themselves, "She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out here." The voice of reason is mute to those who refuse to listen.

"No, I won't hear of it, they are guilty of unspeakable crimes!" My turn now.

"But sir, the children are in fact innocent, unlike their parents. They don't have the drive or hate that their parents would try to force them to have. Don't you think that we should try to help those who are in need? Try to let them live a normal life and choose which side they want to be on?" After my little speech the room was so quiet that you could have heard a pin drop.

After that it seemed like the King and Queen were having a silent conversation, taking our pleads into consideration. After the King shows a bunch of expressions on his face, he gives his verdict.

"I suppose...the children are innocent." With that he turns away and starts to walk out the door. Belle comes up to us with a smile.

"Well...well done."

"Sir!" I call out to the King before he leaves the room.

"Yes?" I could hear the sound of defeat in his voice.

"Thank you, and if it is any help, I will personally go and get them myself."

"That would be...most reassuring, thank you Gem."

As soon as they leave the room, I hug the living daylights out of my best friend, congratulating him on what a good job he did.

"It was all thanks to you. But are you sure you want to go?" he asks me with concern.

"Yep I'll be fine, I actually have to leave now so that I don't get left behind. You know, you should be happy that I was able to predict this outcome and prepare things before hand. Oh, I don't want to be late, better take a short cut." As I say that, blue mist starts to cover me from head to toe, allowing me to transport to the limo that was waiting outside of the castle. However, before I completely disappeared I heard the prince scoff at me.

"That girl," and with that I was in front of the limo, ready to meet the kids of the most notorious villains of all time.

As I seat myself in the back of the limo, I wave to Sebastian, the driver. In the back here was bland, not even a drink station or a candy slot in sight.

"Oh I know how we can fix that," I thought, and with a flick of my wrist, the wall in front of me was covered in different types of candies and snacks, all from memory. At the side I add some sodas, just in case they get thirsty. The limo was now at the golden bridge, and I was filled with excitement, dramatically sighing in the back seat.