Sang

Owen reaches over and snatches the letter from Sean, and reads it again, and again, hardly believing that she was gone.

Crushing the letter in his hand, Owen looks up to meet Sean's eyes. "Call for Luke. We have a runaway Slave to find." He says through clench teeth.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Lady Katerina hated nothing more than to have to put up with the Lord Griffin. The man was a foul creature, and to many years of not enough physical activity had left him rotund and useless. She could not believe her father had picked him to be her husband, yes the man may be rich, but to have to touch that and pretend to want it made her nauseas with the thought.

"My Lady Katerina, how are you today?" Asked Lord Griffin as he made his entrance into her parlour.

Rising Katerina waited for him to approach before placing a kiss on each of his cheeks, schooling her face from the revolution she felt. "Lord Griffin, what a surprise, if I known you were coming I would have made myself presentable to you."

"Oh hush woman. You look fine as you are." He gestures for one of the maids to bring him a drink before making himself confortable on the chair.

"Was there something I could help you with Lord Griffin?"

"Why yes there is. His Majesty and I have just come from a meeting and we feel it would be crucial for you to find out everything you can on the Slave, the Prince's champion."

Lady Katerina clenched her hand around her cup, thinking about that horrid girl that spends so much time with the Prince and those guards. She is so plain and ordinary; Katerina doesn't understand what the Prince or any of the guards see in her. But Katerina sees them everyday, from her window as they all train out in that old building of theirs; how they look at her, the presents she is given, even the casual touches, but of course the Slave doesn't even know how infatuated they are with her.

"And then what would you have me do with the information Lord Griffin?" He swallowed the rest of the drink in one swallow before setting the glass down. An evil smirk came over his before looking to the maids.

"Leave us please." Lord Griffin waited a moment for them to leave, his eyes never leaving my own. "What I am about to say stays between you and I, if I find out you have told anyone, and I mean anyone, I will have you sent to the Slave Mines under treason."

Lady Katerina sat back in shock, unable to believe the words coming out of his mouth. She can't believe she had to marry this fat piece of sh...

"Are you even listening to me?"

"I apologise, I got stuck on the fact you want to send me to the Slave Mines. What happens if I say no to what ever you have planned?" Lady Katerina didn't know what to make of this situation. If they had just asked her nicely she would have agreed with them, no hesitation, but if there was one thing she hated, it was being threatened.

"Trust me, you don't want to do that." She watches as his smiles never leaves his face as he pours himself another drink.

"Care to explain?" Katerina knew not to push Lord Griffin, she knew of his foul temper, especially when he has had too much to drink

"No I do not. Now are you going to do as your King commands?"

Knowing that defying the Kings command will mean nothing less than treason, and a trip straight to the chopping block, Katerina had no choice but to accept Lord Griffins demands.

"What is the plan than Lord Griffin?" Katerina can feel blood dripping from her hand as her nails dig into her palm.

"We need to know all of the Slaves strengths and weakness. The King plans on you winning and will not have a Slave to become his Champion. You must win in this competition and if the opportunity arises, you are to extinguish her life."