4

Kate's POV

I woke up to find Alec laying with a few dried tears on his cheek. Magnus was sitting next to us playing with the cat. I stood up and sat on the floor next to Magnus and his cat. Since I lived on the streets my friends became animals. Out there I met a lot of homeless cats and dogs. All of them just like me. Left alone from something that was out of their control.

The cat, who Magnus called Chairman Meow, came and sat on my lap. I gently ran my hand over his back. Chairman Meow purred and rubbed his head over my hand. Magnus and Alec watched as Chairman and I became friends like that.

Magnus reached over and picked Chairman up from my lap, before standing up. I looked up at Magnus with a sad pouty face. He took away one of my first friends that didn't leave me as quickly as they showed up. "Magnus can I please play with Chairman?" I asked as sweetly as I could.

Magnus looked down at me then back at his cat. He gently set Chairman back down on the ground. I crawled over to Chairman but I was picked up. I couldn't see who it was. Magnus was still in front of me, so I assumed it was Alec.

"So little Kat how about we spend today shopping for cloths. Since you'll be here for a while," Alec asked. I nodded yes in excitement. I hadn't been out shopping in years. So yeah I was really excited. "Ok little Kat then lets go."

Alec set me down on the floor. Magnus was in a way jumping up and down in happiness. Both Alec and I gave Magnus a weird look. Magnus stopped and explained his self. "What I haven't gotten to go on a shopping trip with Alec and bought something that wasn't black ever. So yeah I'm happy." Alec rolled his eyes in announce.

He and Magnus walked over to the door and grabbed jackets. Alec looked over at me. Then he walked over to a closet and pulled out a small black jacket. Alec then helped me put the jacket on.

Alec's POV

After Magnus and I put on our jackets I noticed Kate didn't have anything to wear over her cloths. It was to cold for Kate to not have a jacket on outside. She looked like she could fit in one of Max's old jackets.

I went to a closet wear I keep some of Max's stuff and I pulled out one of his smaller jackets. After putting on the jacket, that was still to big for her, I noticed how much she reminds me of Max. When Kate turned toward the door to join Magnus outside I let a few tears leave my eyes. Even though it's been a few years it still hurts me to think about Max.

Kate just reminds me of Max. She just like Max got caught up in something I could of tried to stop. Unlike Max though I was going to protect her and never let her go.

I pulled my self together and went outside to join my boyfriend and little Kat. Kat was hang on to Magnus as he gave her a piggy back ride. Finding this adorable I took a picture with my phone. For the first time, since I saw her last night, Kat was laughing.

Magnus with a laughing Kat on his back lead the way to where ever he wanted to shop.

A/N: I'm back and must I say shadowhunters was awesome. Can't wait for season two and more Malec. Who is your favorite Cassandra Clare character? I love Magnus Bane.