Chapter 24: Magnolia Again

Start from the beginning

"That's Magnolia," Lucy said, turning to me. "Ready to go home?"

I looked down in shame. "Lucy..."

"Forget it," she interrupted. "We'll talk about it later."

"Fine." I could feel the confused looks of the Pokémon trainers behind me, and I dropped my head in shame. I couldn't tell them about how I wanted to live in Magnolia. It would hurt their feelings and they would feel betrayed. "Just wait until we're alone."

"Whatever. Let's go!" She walked forward, and the portal shimmered and let off a white light as she stepped through it. Natsu glanced at me, but said nothing else as he swiftly looked towards the portal and followed Lucy.

My forehead creased. Huh? Why was Natsu so quiet all of a sudden? Then I remembered the incident with Team Rocket, and blushed. Did I go too far with it?

"It's our turn, right?" Ash asked next to me. I focused on him and my face went back to normal.

"Oh, yes." I cleared my throat. "Are you guys ready?"

"Yeah," he answered while nodding his head.

"I can't wait to see what kind of stores they have there!" Serena beamed.

"Uh, I don't think that's a priority, Serena." Clemont sweat-dropped.

"But we'll still have fun!" Bonnie threw her arms up.

I giggled. "Right, Bonnie.  You'll also get to meet Fairy Tail!"

"Then let's go!" Ash ran towards the portal. "I want to make sure those Pokémon are safe, too."

I walked up to the portal as well. "Okay. Follow right behind me. Don't let the pressure of the dimensional rift get to you." That's when I took a deep breath, and stepped into the portal. Natsu and Lucy were waiting for me patiently. I turned around, and Ash, Serena, Bonnie and Clemont all came through. When Clemont stumbled over to us and adjusted his glasses, the portal shrunk and disappeared.

"No going back now," I said.

BE WISE. BECAUSE OF THE MAGIC IN THIS WORLD, DARKNESS IS AT RISK. Palkia's voice faded and disappeared in between dimensions.

I let out a breath. "Okay, the first step is to find out how many Pokémon are here. What has the guild been trying to do to keep it under control?"

"Mostly just trying to keep them locked up," Lucy answered. "We didn't want all of Magnolia go into a panic."

"What?!" I asked sharply. "You kept them locked up for this long?!"

"Chill out, Ellie!" Lucy countered. "It's not like we haven't neglected them! We had a feeling they were Pokémon, so they've been taken good care of!"

"What do you mean?" Serena asked.

"We built a special room in the guild for them. There have only been a few we've found, so they are given food, a nice bed, and Mira and Lisanna take care of them every day!"

I softened my face in surprise. "Wow," I said. "You should've told me that in the first place."

She let out a sigh. "You know, you're back in Magnolia again. Fairy Tail has been waiting for you for half a year now, and they still care about you even when you weren't there. You need to have more respect for us!"