H u n t e r - f e e l

"You need to act like you love me," she whispered to me when her mother turned and walked out the room and into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I know."

"They know it's Valentine's Day today, Hunter."

"Yeah, I know that too, Hannah-"

Her hands circled my neck suddenly as she pulled her body towards mine. Her head reached mine slowly and I instantly knew what she's up to.

Her mother was in the room again.

I slid my hand to the back of her head and kissed her, not enjoying the feel of her hand that clutched my shirt so I tried my technique.

The one I tried every time my hands crawled forcefully to a lady's body.

I imagined Pearl. And it took all my will power to not pull away from her.

I've learned through my few years of experience how to make it look like I'm enjoying her, or that I'm the one who's at least loving her, which in reality, was the complete opposite. In my mind, it was Pearl. In her petite body and thin figure. With her full lips and brown hair that curled at the ends somehow.

It's amazing when I think about it. About all the things in her that I don't understand. I love that. Completely. She makes me feel like being not -understandable is mesmerizing.

And that being understandable is not.

Hannah was understandable.