H u n t e r - d r e s s

"Let's go to this shop," Hannah nudged me towards a fancy shop across the street with dresses on display behind the clear glass. 

I patted my pocket in search of more money but I couldn't feel anything.She already spent them all.

"Hannah," I said, putting my hand on the small of her back to let her walk through the buzzing people.

"Yeah?" her head tilted and she faced me for a second before she proceeded walking.

"I have no money left."

"It's fine," she shrugged. "I have enough."

She stepped inside the shop and I soon followed. A dress on one of the hangers caught her eye and she strolled in its direction. 

"Look," she picked it out and showed me.

"Green," I voiced my thoughts as I looked at its color. 

"Mint green," she corrected me with an eye roll. "I'll try it, come with me."

She took her hand in mine and pushed her way through the people. A sigh of relief escaped her lips when she opened an empty room. I sat on the opposite seats and stared at her as she disappeared behind the door, sadly blocking my view. 

"Quickly," I groaned mere seconds. 

"Shh, I only took off my shirt."

"I can take off the rest."

"Hunt, shut up."

"I'm serious."

"I love you," she said and my breath hitched when my eyes snapped to meet Pearl's. I stood up almost instantly and she watched with wide eyes as Hannah called me again, and then called me with my pet names.

What felt like minutes passed with Hannah's worried calls and Pearl's never ending  staring before Hannah's voice boomed from behind her door.

"Hunter, tell me you're here or I'm going out in my underwear."

I hid my face behind my palms and shook my head.

"Hunter!"

"I'm here, Hannah."