H u n t e r - c o n f u s e

"We'll leave you two alone, you sure had a tiring day," her mother said, standing in front of the guest room.

Hannah nodded, then laid on the bed, face down and huffed a breath. Her mother took it as a sign and slowly closed the door, which thankfully, didn't squeak. I looked over to her and she lifted her head.

"I'll sleep on the floor," I offered and she shook her head instantly.

"No, we'll sleep on the bed."

"No, Hannah."

"Yes, Hunter."

I want her satisfied. Drew's voice rang inside my head before I found myself strolling to the bed and closer to her. A smile was drawn on her plastic-filled lips as she saw me. She brushed her long hair with her fingers and climbed to the other side of the bed.

I positioned myself.

"You don't like this?" Her voice came out like a whisper, but it echoed so loudly inside my head. No one ever asked me how I feel. Or whether I like it or not.

Which is definitely a not in all the cases.

"What makes you ask this?" I asked, curious for her answer.

"You," she replied at first. "You confuse me."

I shifted in my place, resting my head against my palm and facing her. "How?"

"You're single but you're not affected. Not when you're with me, and not with any of the others."

"Does that bother you?"

"I don't know. It confuses me that I feel that way."

"Maybe because you know this relationship is fake." And that you don't know that I'm not single.

(give her is #506 in short story. Thank you all :) )