H u n t e r - p a s t

It's easy to smile. Or fake smile. Curving your lips to the sides is something that doesn't require work. It just happens sometimes, and it's good that it does.

But for me, fake smiling is something I dread. I physically get exhausted every time I smile in front of her parents, and it pains my heart way too much. And that smile I flash after I give her a kiss...it's one of the hardest things I have done so far.

She smiled at her parents as they shared her child-hood memories, and I couldn't help but tag along. Something about memories always triggers my interest.

Memories and the past.

They're so different than anything that happens to us. They're printed inside our minds for God knows how long without fading. I have memories still fresh in mind. Memories I myself don't want to lose.

Because they're so precious.

Like the day I saw Pearl. The day I talked to her. The day she found out I was her stalker. The day I proposed.

The moment she said yes.

They're all mine. My memories that I wouldn't trade.

"What's your favorite childhood memory?" her mother asked me after they all laughed at whatever Hannah remembered.

"Childhood memory," I stroked my chin in thought. Pearl wasn't in my childhood, and I want to talk about Pearl. I will put Pearl in my childhood. "The day I became friends with an amazing girl."

Her mother smiled, and I could see something cross Hannah's eyes briefly. "That's so cute, are you still in touch?"

Thinking about her question made me pass a ton of answers. I didn't call her after Valentine's day and she called me a few days ago. She saw me kissing Hannah, and we didn't speak after that. I miss my Pearl. I want to talk to her. "No," I replied, not liking my answer.

Not liking that it's the reality.

Not liking it at all.

(THANK YOU FOR THE ONE THOUSAND READS :) )