Seventeen

"We were complete opposites. You were the sun and I was the moon, you were summer and I was winter, you were the universe and I was just a star. But some how, we got along; we burnt so brightly, that people saw our love and they stood in aw. You held me so tightly that I didn't feel so broken anymore. So I beg you, continue being my universe, my world, my everything. And I will continue being your star"

• • •

The Phoenix has chosen you because it is the only one who knows you can save us

I was trapped in a place where chaos seized my mind, where worry found its grip on my heart, where panic course through my veins.

"Mom!"

I yelled.

There was so much chaos that I could barely hear myself over the crash of the wind, the scream of people running away from the giant hole in the Sky. The city had turned black, the nights had turned out, nothing electronic worked. The Black hole in the sky grew bigger and bigger threatening to devour everything in sight.

People ran into me, screaming and shouting. I ran too obviously, but towards the tower right bellow the black hole, I needed to know what it was, why it was here. And I needed to find my family. But something knocked me on my feet, something had me begging for mercy. Stood before me was a shadow, caked with Crimson, doubled over with a hump on its back.

It was so ugly I nearly gagged.

Then I realised they were all flying out of the black hole, wreaking havoc, causing distraction; burning houses and shops.

I hissed my fangs at the shadow "Why are you doing this? Stop!"

Surprisingly it grinned showing two rows of shark like teeth "No"

It stabbed me right in the heart.

I shot out of bed panting and gasping, my hands shaking my body trembling, my eyesight blurry. The only thing which kept me at bay was the sound of Zoe's shallow breathing. I didn't know if that was a dream or another encounter with the future, dad said I might have lost the ability since I haven't done it in years.

"Elyza"

Grandma's voice echoed. My head snapped towards the door, a hooded figure cloaked in black stood unmoving, only but a slither of gold eyes pierced through the darkness.

"Follow me" she whispered and left.

I scrambled out of the covers, threw on a hoodie and night shoes to follow this woman to God knows where. I looked up and down the dark, dusty hallways which screamed danger, I mean i could go back into my room, forget this ever happened and go back to sleep.

But she wouldn't let me.

I spotted her cloak "Grandma?" My feet tapped along the dark red carpet, trying to keep with his elderly woman.

For someone who was over 1,000 years old she was fast.

Every sharp twist and turn only concluded to another maze, more games and I wasn't overly eager to play. I ran deeper and deeper into the heart of the institute, tracing my fingers on ancient walls I've never seen before until Grandma's body dissipated in front of a small wooden door.

All that was left on the floor was her cloak. "Gran?" I mumbled gently tugging at her cloak expecting her to jump out and cause me a heart attack. But no, it was just a plain black cloak. Nothing more and nothing less.

I glanced at the wooden door, covered in rusting gold hinges and finished off with a rusting gold handle. She wouldn't bring me here if there wasn't something important on the other side. I gulped as my shaking hand reached for the door nob. A squeak sounded, followed by a thump as I pushed the door open and peered in. Before me was a library, so big, so full of books and knowledge, secrets and wonders.