Fifteen-part2

"If my real ain't real enough, then I don't know what is" -Ariana Grande

• • •

I watched Mel's car drive down our road until it became a blur in the distance before unlocking the door to the house. I knew something was wrong the minute I stepped in, the atmosphere was too thick, too suffocating. And it was too quite, I kicked off my ballet flats and peered into the living room to see if mom and dad were in there.

It wasn't just them crowded around the table. Uncle Tristan, Uncle Dean, aunt Isobelle, aunt Thalia, Uncle Rixton and Uncle Callum were in the room. Something definitely wasn't right, they were all here. They all looked at me with expressions I couldn't decipher, Uncle Dean and Callum both crossed their arms and Aunt Thalia merely smiled and raised her arms for a hug.

"Welcome home sweetheart" she smiled sweetly, her arms around me were slightly stiff but that still didn't stop her from hugging me, in fact I needed a hug.

She smiled down at me with her blood red eyes, her eyes chilled me to the core.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked softly. My voice coming out non existent.

"Oh no sweetheart of course not, we-um-just need to talk to you about something"

"Where's josh?" I said.

Aunt Isobelle chipped in to lighten the darkness which hovered above my head "He's Asleep, he played too much this morning and dropped off"

I nodded and allowed Thalia to guid me into the huddle of Vampires, Angels and wolves. It was mom who caught my eye first, she smiled proudly at me like I'd won some kind of medal. What was wrong with this picture?

"You've been selected" Dad said.

"Excuse me?" I frowned.

He handed me a letter, it looked old. Creased at the corners, a feather attached at the top and sealed with a red lion seal. I pealed off the seal and unraveled the crumpled paper.

The Selection

Your daughter, Elyza May Row, has been selected to participate in the games of winning a spot on the Council of Ten.

I don't want to be part of the council.

She has been found to be the most powerful cross breed in our institute, we feel with our training she will grow in power and gain a spot on the council, the council helps to protect humans and crossbreeds no matter the cost, your daughter has shown a tremendous amount of passion for the protection of others.

She will be taken back to the institute and stay here for approximately twelve months.

"A year!" I gasped.

"Continue reading" Dad said.

I shook my head and forced my eyes to continue reading.

She will learn new skills, new abilities and become a better fighter. If you wish to Allow Elyza to participate in these games, please sign bellow.

My parents signed, their signatures in black ink on the page. They're sending me away to the institute for twelve months, yes I feel safe there but I also don't want to leave home. I'll get home sick, I wouldn't be able to cope. I'd miss them too much.

Here are the children also participating in the games:

Lucy Con
Raven Smyth
Holly Rowland
Samuel Jackson
Kyle Memmock
Zoe Rylie
Aric Rylie
Elyza Row...

The list went on and on, I estimated there about 60 of us who had been selected.

Here is a list of classes the children will have and a list of teachers who run the class.

Flight class- run by Maxwell Arnold
Potion class- run by Coven.
Survival class- run by Jessame Lily
Fight class- run by Noah Harrison.
Power class- Jackson Howard.

My heart jumped when I read Noah's name and the class he was running, he was going to be my teacher?

I pried my eyes away from the letter and stared at the adults in the front of me before speaking "You signed and didn't even include me in the discussion? What if I said no?"

"Do you not want to participate?" Dean asked.

I licked my lips and thought hard before speaking "It sounds okay but I don't like how long it will take, a year away from home? it's ridiculous"

Dad chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder. Why were they so happy? "Did you not even read the side note at the bottom? You'll be able to come home for breaks, it's not like they're depriving you of seeing your family. You'll still see us, and plus, they say your the most powerful crossbreed; that made me proud"

I smiled and hugged him "Thanks Dad"

"And" he began "Coven was an angel, the best there was. Your safe with him, believe me"

"Coven was an angel? Why was?" I asked skeptically.

Dad sighed "He loved helping people, protecting people, putting his life on the line to save others. People called him a hero of justice, so Gabriel thought to dismiss him from being an angel and sending him to earth so he can protect others"

I didn't know that. No wonder I felt a tingly sensation when I met him, that's what angels feel when they were around other Angels. No wonder I felt so at peace when I was around him, he was an angel after all.

"When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow night"

~*~

SHORT CHAPTER IM SORRRYYYYYY but I hope you still liked it :)