A love story pt. 5

The next day passes. The boy and girl get off in a small little town. They had managed to scrape enough money for a motel room. The boy, he tried again to ask the girl, to ask her why was the boyfriend so aggressive, what had led to all of this. The girl breaks into tears, she dries them off and decides to tell him part of the story. She said that the boyfriend wasn't always like that, they used to be happy. The perfect couple. She said that the boyfriend used to be very sweet and loving until he received a news that changed him, it altered and destroyed him mentally but that despite all the girl tried to be there for him, to help him go through it and get past it. As it turns out the news that he received, other than making him sad, led to the abuse of the girl, he would take it all out on her. The boy asked what was the news, what had destroyed there relationship, she broke into tears again refusing to talking anymore, the boy sighed saying that they can talk later about it. They had spent the rest of the day talking about other things to distract themselves about what had happened. A few days have passed, they had skipped a few towns by now. They were on the move, they saw on the television about the boyfriends death, but the police said there weren't any leads, both sighed in relief. A few weeks have passed and the new couple have gotten closer, they were staying in a cabin they were able to rent. The land lord didn't ask to many questions. The girl knew she had to talk to the boy, it was inevitable. The girl waited for the boy to come back. After a while, the boy comes back from shopping for a few things. He finds the girl in the floor weeping, the boy rushed to her side comforting her saying that everything is ok, the girl looks at the boy and says its not, she looks down and mummers, the boy didn't understand. Crying the girl says that the boyfriend, the reason he was like that, she said it was her fault. The boy confused comforts her saying of course not, he told her to stop thinking like that. She said to the boy that he didn't understand, there was a long pause.