†† Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

               "So..." I whispered at Adam. "Who are we looking for again?"

               "His name is Johnathan." He answered.

               I gulped when I saw this freaky looking chick glare at me. Her fangs were out and ready for a prey. Well I'm sorry scary looking chick, I'm not human. But according to Adam, I smell magical. I hope that my enticing scent won't gather groups of curious vampires.

               I walked behind Adam, my hand still locked with his. Kim was behind me, eyeing everyone and flashing her finger. We were the cool trio, we were just walking with so much class that we looked scary. Kind of? Oh come on, a guy can dream.

               In reality, we just look like a bunch of gay penguins.

               "Hello, are you lost?" A woman walked in front of us.

               "We're looking for Johnathan." Kim told her.

               "Oh, John. He's in that house." She pointed to her left.

               "Thank you." Adam told her.

               The woman was eyeing me, stop smelling me! I know I smell interesting but that is just illegal! It's illegal dammit! You can't just go around smelling people like they're some scratch and sniff sticker! No! I will not stand here and be abused like that.

               We walked inside the house, it was opened anyway. It looked like a store, it was a library or a book store. We reached the counter and Adam coughed loudly. Really? Does it take that much energy to say John?

               John, I guessed, flashed in front of the counter and looked at us. He was young, and he was old? Oh science you...

               Or...fantasy you...

               "Kim, is that you?" He was surprised. "Long time."

               "You're looking great." She growled playfully.

               "So are you! How are you? What can I help you with?"

               "I am great and my friends here need some help. I thought maybe you could help us since you basically have the knowledge of a God."

               "Aw, well thank you for the compliment." He turned to us. "What can I help you with?"

               "We're looking for a dragon." Adam answered.

               "A dragon you say..." He scratched his head and scanned the room. He dashed all over the room, searching every possible book. Why is it always a book? We're in the future for God's sakes, where are the damn DVD's?

               "Specifically an air dragon." Kim added.

               Johnathan sighed and dropped down from the book shelves. "The air dragon," He stared at me, was he smelling me too? "He's impossible to find. You can only find him during a strong hurricane."

               "Oh great." I muttered.

               "Hey," He nodded at me. "Why do you smell funny?"

               "Whoa," I rolled my head ghetto-like. "For your information, I take showers constantly."

               "No, no, no." He said rapidly. "I mean you smell different."

               "He drank the blood of a dragon. Maybe that's what you smell." Adam quickly answered, I could feel him getting nervous. He was grabbing my hand too tightly.