|| 16 ||

"I'm going." I said firmly.

"No you're not." Paul said.

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against my bathroom counter.

I could see the look of stubbornness on Paul's face, but I wasn't budging.

I haven't seen Bella in weeks and I never got a chance to meet Alice.

No way in hell am I missing their grad party.

No way.

"I already said that I'm going Paul. You're not my keeper." I told him.

"I'm your imprint! And that means something!" Paul exclaimed.

I could see the fear in his eyes and I felt bad for fighting with him when he was just trying to protect me.

I stepped forward and into his arms.

I pressed my face against his chest and his arms instantly went around me.

The love radiating off him always made me feel off balance.

But it's a feeling I'll welcome as long as I can have these arms around me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like your word doesn't mean anything to me. It does. It means everything. But I can't be controlled. I need to be able to make decisions for myself." I told him.

He sighed deeply and brought us so we were sitting on my bed, me on his lap.

"Babe, I need to know that you're safe. I can't go over the border line with you. And there's no one I trust to protect you as well as I can." Paul said.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." I heard Jake say from my bedroom doorway.

I turned and saw Jacob, Quil, and Embry standing there with grins.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked them, trying to get up.

But Paul's arms kept me anchored to him.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Paul growled.

"Yeah, going to Bella's graduation party in a house full of vampires, that sounds like the best idea I've ever had." Embry said in agreement.

Jacob hit him in the stomach and I giggled at their little fight.

"Paul, I'm going to be fine. The guys will be there. Plus, Edward isn't going to let anything happen to me either." I told Paul.

But that only made him growl with jealousy.

I leaned down and pressed my lips against his, my arms going around his neck.

After a minute he relaxed and I pulled away.

"I'll be fine. A few hours tops. Do you have to argue every time I want to see my friends? Plus, I'm meeting Alice today too." I said, unable to contain my excitement.

"If I didn't argue with you, you'd think it was okay." Paul grumbled.

"It is okay. And you're going to see that someday." I said, standing up.

Paul sighed as I grabbed my phone and stuck it in my back pocket.

"You're going to make me late for my friends graduation party." I complained, when Paul grabbed my hand again.

He didn't say a word as he walked me out to Jacob's rabbit.

Paul pulled me against his chest and kissed me until my head spun.

He put me in the backseat and buckled my seat belt for me.

"Take care of her." Paul said to the guys.