Wicked Little Me....Ch 10

The castle was HUGE. It was well beyond the height of anything I had ever seen--though that wasn't much. The ancient, gothic-styled gables and roof fixtures were in pristine shape, but still held the air of being very old. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The twins had spoken, both of them, but I had somehow managed to tune them out from the utter speechless quality the house--no, the castle--possessed. I heard Kassa chuckle beside me.

"I think maybe you damaged her vocal chords a bit, Kon. One moment she won't stop jabbering, the next you can't get her to answer a question."

"That," Kon responded nonchalantly, "or she's selectively deaf.." he snorted at his own comment, and Kassa was soon to join him with snickers. I finally faded out of my....daze, for lack of a better word.

"Hey--" I was interrupted almost as soon as I started speaking, of course, by BOTH of the twins.

"We know, we know," they both said.

"Just follow us inside, will ya?" Kon finished, as he and his brother grabbed my arms and all but dragged me inside. Just then, a cell phone started buzzing incessantly. Kon fumbled around in his pocket and pulled out the noisy device; flipping it open, he let go of my arm and cursed under his breathe. With that, Kassa pulled me away from Kon and lead me into a large, elaborate room plush with furniture.

"Holy fudgenugget....THIS is the livingroom..?" I was speechless...well, almost. It was too damn fantasy-like to even be considered real.

"Well, it is, so stop acting all weird...kinda freakin me out a little," Kassa chuckled. I was really hating their little mind reading trick... Kassa noticed, and patted me on the head. "Cheer up. You'll like it here. And, to answer your non-mental question, this is ONE of the living rooms, yes. Heh." He winked at me when I let my jaw drop..how many living rooms could this house possibly have?

"Twelve--"

"Stop that!" I yelled, swatting him with my arm before linking it with my other in front of my chest like a small child. He only chuckled. 

"Come on, I'll show you around. I'm sure there are other things in here that will warp your little human mind," as he said this, he made otherworldly gestures with his hands and then proceeded to hum the Twilight Zone theme.

*** KON'S P.O.V ***

 "Listen to me, you little rat--I don't give a shit what you say to me. This situation is none of your--" I hissed at Elfie's brother, but was--yet again--rudely interrupted.

"She's my SISTER! My sister, god damnit! Give her--" Lane shouted from the other line, though his anger did little to change my mind on the subject at hand.

"You are the one who bartered her soul for your financial freedom, are you not? How the hell is that MY problem, you little twa-"

"You can't do this. I-I..it was a mistake! I shouldn't have done it! Just bring her home. My parents will kill me if they find out I let you kidnap her. Just give her back, damnit!"

"You care nothing about her, as long as my father has no problem with you. Well, now that you've made a deal in order to ensure your safety, you shouldn't care about her. Correct?"

"Listen to me, Kon--"

"You're not getting her back. She's ours now." With that, I hung up the phone.

*** ELFIE'S P.O.V. (aka Regular ) ***

Kassa and I had recently plopped down on a very plush couch. It was so comfy and soft that I was almost sure that I would sink into it and never resurface...and if that was the case, I would be okay with it. That was just how comfortable this couch was. Kassa was fiddling with his thumbs and looking every which way but mine; this made me a bit suspicious.

"Guilty conscious about kidnapping a poor, harmless teenage girl?" I tried to guilt trip him into saying something. Into saying anything. He sighed.

"Elfie, we did what we did for a reason--"

"Care to tell me what that reason was? Must be a good one, considering..." This was kind of pissing me off. What reason could they have for kidnapping me?

"Come on, just trust me, please? We took you because...well, we did it for you, in a way, so...it's for your own good. Alright?"

I looked deep into his pool-like eyes and frowned. "That doesn't tell me anything, Kassa."

We were interrupted by the clearing of a throat. Both of us looked up to see Kon standing in the doorway, and boy, did he look ticked off. And he wasted no time speaking, either.

"Kassamir, I need to speak to you in private." That must have been weird...and important, seeing as I had never heard Kon call Kassa by his full name before. Kassa got up off the couch and followed Kon into another room; I heard the door shut behind them, and took the opportunity to do some eavesdropping. I carefully snuck up to the wall beside the door---yes, that's right. Totally overmaneuvered the usual cliche of using the door--and pressed my ear against it, straining to hear anything. The sound was muffled, and I could barely make out the conversation. It sounded like Kassa was pleading with Kon..

"Maybe we....tell her why she's here...she has a right to know....."

Then what I presumed to be Kon, "....Lane...working for our father anymore....bargain...her for him.....keeping her...later..."

"It....matter....the deal is done, but...tell her...tell her...hate us.."

"She will....either way....you can do it if you want."

The words were becoming more audible, and I took this as my cue to sneak as fast as possible back over to the couch. I only made it halfway before the door opened and the twins walked out. Kon was raking a hand through his hair--he looked stressed. Kassa was behind him, muttering something in Russian, though I couldn't tell what he was saying. Kassa glanced in my direction, a knowing smirk on his face. Did he know I was listening..? He then cleared his throat, plastering a crazy grin on his face.

"Now. Who wants pizza?"

*********** 

Put a pic of what Kon looks like...in my head, anyways :D