Episode 1 (Part 7)

Just to ensure we get the hint, we cut over to the boxing ring where John directs the fighter, then engages directly in a sparring round.

In the morning, Joo-eun is jolted awake by a call from her friend, which reminds her that she's got a flight to catch. She hurries to the airport for her business trip to the U.S.

Meanwhile, John Kim-or, as we'll get to know him, KIM YOUNG-HO-wakes up in some sort of pod/capsule/tank in his state-of-the-art bachelor pad, full of every sort of fancy fitness machinery in the world. He watches a fight with one friend, JANG JOON-SUNG, while a third friend, KIM JI-WOONG, cooks for them-er, struggles to cook.

Turns out Joon-sung is the fighter Young-ho was training earlier. Young-ho had sponsored him and made him a champion fighter (who goes by the fight name "Korean Snake"), while Ji-woong acts as his manager.

It's Ji-woong who reads about the scandal, and how Anna Sue has neither confirmed nor denied the rumors, which fans the gossip flames further. Young-ho and Joon-sung seem perturbed by the news-particularly if it reaches certain ears in Korea-and Young-hoon says he'll have to figure out how to handle the scandal.

But he gets a call from a certain Manager Min that makes him uneasy-could it be they've already heard?

Joo-eun wraps up business and readies to make her trip back, tamping down persistent stomach pains. Best friend Hyun-woo calls it a good way to lose weight, but Joo-eun seems to be in increasing pain.

Hyun-woo, meanwhile, sees the John Kim reports on Korean television, though she scoffs at the shoddy reporting. Probably doesn't help that the correspondent giving the report is her ex-husband, who drops by to hand off a child support payment.

Joo-eun boards her plane to Korea and ends up sitting next to Ji-woong, who's given up his first-class seat to a pregnant lady. He introduces himself in his irrepressibly cheerful way, showing her the fight he's watching and bragging that he's Korean Snake's manager and trainer, and that he's kinda famous. He is incredibly dorky but it's so cute.

Mid-flight, an announcement comes on requesting the help of any doctor onboard with an emergency patient. Suddenly Young-ho gets up and flashes his EMT badge, ready to take charge of the situation.

The patient is Joo-eun, who has collapsed in the aisle, moaning in pain and clutching her stomach. Young-ho assesses the situation and decides she needs to be moved, and with some difficulty transfers her into the first class cabin and prepares the emergency kit. He unbuttons her blouse and cuts through her support garment, then begins treating her with an IV and massaging her cold limbs.

She awakens a while later, sleeping in Young-ho's first class seat, and has a minor panic to see herself in a strange place with a needle in her arm. She's appalled that he went through her things and ripped her clothing, while he notes her lack of gratitude for helping her in an emergency. (Mortified, she wonders if she could just open the plane door and fling herself out of it.)

Young-ho asks why she "did that" to herself, which makes her furrow her brow-do what?

So he explains all the terrible things she's just done to herself, drinking coffee and wine on an empty stomach, paired with diet pills and a restrictive girdle. If she wants to lose weight, he suggests she sweat it off instead.

Joo-eun isn't ungrateful that he helped, but says stiffly that she'd like to keep her privacy. Young-ho leans waaaaay in and says drily, "You're the first woman I've undressed within five minutes of meeting. I must have been too familiar."

She snaps that she'll refrain from suing him since she's sooooo grateful, and says she'd love to repay the favor if only she could do it without having to see his face again. She buries her face under her blanket to make the point.

But her words give Young-ho a bright idea, and he tells her there is one way she can repay the favor...