The Bittersweet Taste of Bona Fide Emotions

The vial quivered in my thin, wiry fingers. I had the utmost certainty that I was going to miscalculate the equation of balance, spill it on my cables, and fry the mainframe. I believed my actions to be worth it, though. They must be. Even though, the question of success didn't exactly have a solution in this case yet, did not mean that one could not find it. Either get caught or shut down trying.

" Stop it!" I nearly shouted and then lowered my volume. " Stop it... You're not supposed to experience anxiety." After all, none of the other andriods did. Why would I be the lone one of billions of others to feel this? I put the vial back in and sorted through a few others. Contempt, anger, infatuation, depression, they were warm, nonmanufactured, real emotions removed from humans, now that industry saw feelings as a distraction from work. As the boss put it, " affection is a disease that infects commerce with terrible judgement, mistakes, and a lack of effeciency. No company should be allowed to operate when this 'sentiment' is clouding its view of a succesful industrial path." 

I finally found one I wanted, joy. As I uncorked it mist burst out the top and curled beautifully around the sides. Immediatley, my functions became erratic. I struggled to control them and managed to do so with ease. I raised it up, glancing at the light yellow liquid that was human emotion, an poured it so it came in contact with every part of my system. The feeling surged over me. Joy: a feeling of great pleasure and happiness, the definition popped into my central processing unit. I understood now. I finally understood this puzzle that had been baffling my systems for so long. Unfortunately, that was when security came.