She chuckled. "Oh, that. Well... it's just that it's not easy for me to point put the flaws and say it in front of someone's face that, hey, you didn't make it. Sorry dude. No, I just can't. I've been there before. So I know how it feels. The previous editors must've had the guts, but I just don't have that kind of guts you know."

Oh, she has a point there. "Yes, I get what you mean."

She grinned at me again, her cheeks getting redder as it streched. "Okay, so anything else?"

I shook my head and smiled. "No, no. All good."

"Okay. See you around?"

"Yeah, of course."

***

"So... did you make it?" Kayla asked, popping a fry (from Vincent's plate) into her mouth.

Vincent tried to reach out for the fry, but his attempt quickly died down when Kayla flashed him a look of warning. Vincent rolled his eyes, slumped in his seat and scooted away from Kayla.

I chuckled at their small scene and shook my head. Teens these days. Oh! Right, I'm still a teen too. Gee.

"So... what?" Kayla prompted, nodding her head eagerly as she chewed on her or, rather Vincent's fries.

I shrugged nonchalantly and leaned back in my seat. "She said that I could just check it out by Tuesday. It'll be on the bulletin board."

Kayla blinked twice.

"Uh, say what?"

Groaning, I perched my elbows on the table and squished my face in between my palms.

Lily gasped, dramatically placing her hand over her chest - which made Vincent snort and roll his eyes, earning a smack on his head.

"But! Oh my gosh! That would be like, everyone would know!"

"Of course not, Lily," Kayla muttered sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and popped some more fries into her mouth.

Lily looked at us. Confusion visible on her face as her eyes traveled slowly from Kayla to me. "Really? The students won't know?"

Oh wow. I didn't expect that.

I chuckled lightly and shook my head. Kayla groaned and Vincent laughed his lungs out, clutching his stomach and stomping his foot on the floor.

"Oh my god, that's just epic!" Vincent said in between laughs.

Saving Lily from another round of mortification, I shook my head and smiled at her. "No, Lily. Everyone would know. It'll be posted on the bulletin board for everyone to see."

She nodded, understanding coming to her senses. "Ohh. But, on the plus side, it's not like everyone knows who's applying to join the school paper right?"

And now I felt a lot more worse. "Uh Lily, everyone does... They announced it remember?"

"Oh? They did?"

"Okay, so right now, I'm really starting to consider the possibility that most people won't really remember."

Kayla laughed, placing a box of grape juice down onto the cafteria table. "What possibility?! Man, they won't really remember! It's not like everyone listens to what Mr. Felix has to say."

"Gee, way to make me feel real better Kayla. You just plain outright told me that nobody cares 'bout the school paper." I shot her a look that says yep-this-is-sarcasm, making her grin at me creepily.