Chapter 39

(NEXT CHAPTER IS THE FINALE!! 😭 You guys get an EXTRA LONG CHAPPIE for the finale! I would like to thank all of you for your support throughout this book. However, the emotional messages will luckily be spared until the end of chapter 40, so... onto the chapter!)

Bella's POV:

I'm on my way home from Josie's house. The weekend was way more fun than I thought it could be, and it was all because of Josie's master planning.

Although I'm a little sad to be leaving, I can't wait to see Edward again. This weekend has been torture, especially since I haven't spent more than a day away from him since I came back from... that place.

We had been texting all weekend, driving Josie to madness. So I stopped... at least, while she was around.

It was now Monday morning... or I guess you could say my birthday, but no one has proven that they know. In fact, Josie hasn't treated me any different than when it's not my birthday. She couldn't really have forgotten, could she?

And Edward; not so much as a happy birthday text. I know I don't like celebrating but... never have I been this ignored before.

I couldn't help the gut-wrenching feeling and the heart-squeezing feeling that was associated with being forgotten. Of course, I wasn't really being forgotten, but I turned twenty for God sakes. Doesn't that account for anything?

As we turned on to my street, a radioactive meteorite flew down from the sky with a pterodactyl holding onto it and is exploded us into a million little chunks.

-- the End ---

Just kidding.

As we turned onto my street, Josie turned off the radio. Josie never turns off the radio... what's going on?

She gave me a sidelong glance, and I noticed she was smirking. Uh-oh, something's really up now. And I really don't want to know what it is...

She pulled up to the house and I noticed that no lights were on. I know it's normal for people to use the morning sunlight instead of electricity, but Edward is obsessed with our lights ever since he got that stupid blue-tinted lightbulb.

That stupid awesome-looking blue-tinted lightbulb.

I clambered out of the car and I heard Josie locking it as she handed me my stuff from the trunk.

She lead me to the door and I pulled out my house key to unlock the door. Her wicked grin only grew, and I was getting genuinely nervous. Why is she acting weird?

I mean, weirder?

I swung the door open to an empty kitchen. I noticed it was slightly cleaner, the marble counters nearly sparkling and the tiled linoleum floor pristinely polished. Had the room been dusted? Not a single dish in the sink? The windows clear as though they weren't even there, and the magnets on the refrigerator organized?

What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On.?

I looked at Josie, dumbstruck. Edward almost never cleaned, and when he did he didn't give more than five percent so I would tell him to stop and do it myself. This was ridiculous. Maybe this was my birthday present?

I would take it no problem if it meant no cleaning for at least a week.

But Josie didn't let me bask in my kitchen glory. She just grabbed my wrist and tugged me into the living room - once again, clean to the point of never-touched - and placed me right smack dab in the middle of the room.

I counted the seconds she made me stand there.

1. 2. 3. 4-

"Surprise!"