Chapter 35

Bella's POV

---- 2 Hours Later ----

"Babe?" I asked, staring at the sink full of dishes.

"Yeah?" Edward asked from behind me, snaking his arms around my waist.

"I asked you to do the dishes..." I turned in his arms and placed my hands on his chest.

"Sorry," he murmured, walking over to the sink. "I thought I did them last time," he continued indifferently, but I could hear the stiffness of his voice.

"Well you did, but I was cleaning yesterday and I'm kind of sore,"

"It doesn't take much muscle to do dishes. Just place them in the dishwasher."

"Look, I just need you to do it, okay?"

"More like want,"

"Okay, what is your problem?"

"My problem is that I always have to do everything."

I scoffed. "What? You barely do anything!"

"I do stuff all the time! 'Edward, fold the laundry!' 'Babe, put the dishes away!' It's so annoying!"

"I pay the bills! I clean! I do laundry! Do you understand how bad your socks smell?! REALLY DAMN BAD." I yelled.

"Yeah, when you feel like it! You very rarely get off your lazy a**!" he roared.

"Screw you, Edward!" I screamed. I could feel the moisture building in my eyes.

"No! I'm tired of doing everything! Don't victimize yourself!"

"Victimizing myself? You're the one victimizing here!" my voice cracked as I blinked furiously, trying to blink the tears away.

"Stop being such a b*tch!"

Everything stopped.

I stopped blinking as the pain sunk into my gut.

I didn't look at Edward as I ran out the front door. It was pouring outside, and the clouds casted a dark appearance to the scenery.

I ran down to the sidewalk and broke down into tears. I fell to my knees. Never, never did I ever think Edward would call me that.

The rain camouflaged my tears as I hugged myself, trying to keep the pieces of myself together.

"Bella!" Edward called, and I turned to see him running towards me, his beauty lightening up the depressing scene. It was a stupid time to admire him, but I didn't care. I expect I won't be seeing him anymore anyway.

I braced myself for the goodbye as I stood up shakily.

Goodbye. The only thing I've ever known.

But Edward took me by surprise. He cupped my hands in his and leaned his forehead to mine, and I saw the shimmer of tears down his cheek.

"I'll never leave you alone."

"I'm sorry," I whimpered.

"I'm sorry." he whispered, and I felt his warm breath on my lips.

"Ugh, just kiss me already!" I whimpered, and he took one hand from mine and placed it on the back of my neck, pulling my to him. Our lips touched.

It was rough, desperate. Like we couldn't get enough. I'm not sure how long we stood there in the torrential downpour kissing, but I knew it wasn't long enough when he pulled away - as always.

"I love you," he whispered, his voice coarse.

"I love you more," I whispered back, burying my face in his neck.

"I love you most." he murmured.