One Shot #7

Snow blicked her eyes opened and took in her surroundings. She seemed to be in a forest, but it was unlike any forest she had ever been in. The trees were thin and spread out with little vegetation, bright lights shone to her left and Snow decided to head towards them. She had barely walked a few paces when she felt a sharp contraction in her stomach. 'Not yet, Emma.' Snow thought and pushed ahead. She came to some sort of road, but the surface was strange and hardened rock and strange carriages with blinding lights zipped past, blocking her from getting across. She waved her arms, hoping to get one's attention, every minute her contractions were getting stronger. Whether Snow liked it or not, Emma was coming. Finally, a car pulled over and an older women stuck her head out of a small opening.

"Do you need help, dear?" the women asked, and Snow nodded vigorously.

"Yes, please. My baby, she's coming." Snow puffed, holding her stomach in pain. The women quickly opened her door and helped Snow inside the carriage before speeding off.

"What's your name, dear?" The women asked, glancing over at her worriedly.

"Snow. My name is Snow." Snow managed to breathe out.

"What a beautiful name." the women didn't say anything the rest of the ride, even if she did, Snow in too much pain too reply. After twenty or so minutes of silence, the women pulled over next to a sign that read 'Emergency Care' and parked the carriage. She kindly helped Snow out of the car and waved her arm at a young man who was dressed in all blue. He ran over with a chair that had two wheels on it and helped Snow to sit down in it. The old women leaned over and whispered a few things to the man before patting Snow's shoulder reassuringly and hustling back to her carriage. The man grabbed the back of Snow's chair and wheeled her inside.

"Ready to see the world Emma?" Snow whispered quietly, a tear rolling down her pale face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
28 years later

"How was dinner?" Snow perked her head up from her computer as Emma walked through the door to to their apartment. "I want to hear everything about the date." she shut the computer and patted the empty spot on the couch next to her. Emma sat down slowly, to flustered to speak. Her lips were still swollen from his goodbye kiss and her checked were still flushed with pink. Snow sat, waiting expectantly and when Emma didn't reply, she jumped to conclusions.

"He didn't break up with you, did he?" She asked, her eyes softening. "Oh, Emma!" Snow moved to embrace her daughter but Emma laughed and shook her head.

"Neal proposed." She said, bringing her eyes up to meet her mother's. Emma was smiling and Snow had never seen her look so happy. She reached for Emma's left hand and saw the simple ring that resided there.

"Oh, Emma, I'm so happy!" Snow hugged her and Emma hugged back, tears of happiness rolling down their cheeks. "Your father would love Neal." Snow muttered pulling away. Last year, when Emma met Neal, Snow had told her the truth about where she had come from and how they went through the wardrobe to escape Regina's curse. Neal had tried to steal Emma's second-hand Corolla, but she and Snow caught him and Neal had recognized Snow and explained that he was Rumplestiltskin's son who was accidentally sent to this world. Emma had fallen for him shortly after she found out how closely their fates were intertwined and she loved him so much.

"He would? You think dad would approve of me marrying Rumplestiltskin's son?" Emma laughed. They talked about David as if he was with them and Snow described him with such detail, Emma could picture him easily. But just imagining him wasn't enough for Snow. Her heart ached without her true love and Emma had spent every free moment looking for her father and the rest of the cursed population of the Enchanted forest.