1. Endings are Beginnings

(Ally said)

"Melissa is literally my better half," I said as the audience started chuckling. Today has been full of tears and we all need to hear the fun side of my twin sister, Melissa. She passed away because of a car accident. No, she was not drunk driving. She was just at the right place at the wrong time. She was about to go on a date a girl she met online and she was seven minutes earlier. Mel was never on time but she was meeting her soulmate for the first time for fuck's sake--she had to be early.

"Mel was better at me at almost everything--well except for singing. While I copy homework she already did from the past year because she was on AP classes, she could not copy my voice." They laughed again.

"But Mel is the the reason I found out I am special. She is the reason I sing because she could not. She is the reason I always look prettier because she would choose to sit beside me--in school, family pictures, in funerals like this. We make a perfect team." The crowd remained amused.

"Mel has played a positive role in our lives because that's just how she is... or was. She has brought out the best in each person in this church. And that's why we are probably all here. We all want to hold on to that good piece of ourselves up to the last minute. But we already lost that piece with Mel leaving us too early. For me--I lost a sister, a best friend, an ally, a cheerleader, my lawyer to my parents, the best wing woman... I will not bore you with the list and yeah I know it is not a competition of who lost more." They chuckled again.

"I lost my better half and I do not even know where to start to be whole again." I walked out of the stage, crying. I was conditioning myself on the plane not to but I could not contain myself.

"Oh honey..." Mom welcomed me with an embrace.

I had to cancel the last leg of my concert tour when they told me my sister was on an accident. So from the airport I went straight to her funeral--that bitch did not even wait for me at the hospital. I had to let it out and volunteered to give a eulogy unprepared--because who would not be?

*****
(Stevie said)

Mel did not show up at the restaurant a week ago. It was not the first time she stood me up--we have planned our first meeting three times already but work has always got in the way. I completely understand her situation running the biggest mall empire in the country at a very young age. People need their therapeutic retail sessions as frequently as possible. Mel has joked often how important her job is to every American.

Probably, it was also work again--but it is the first time she did not call me earlier to cancel. She has not even responded to my DMs for a week now. Virtual relationships suck but we are sucking it in--it is not everyday you get lucky and find your soulmate online.

We are scheduled to watch Shania Twain in three days. She may not be in touch right now but I am sure she will show up there. She said Shania makes her miss Ally, her other sister, less. Ally is an indie artist and has gone performing outside the US. Mel said Ally and I would get along well.

************
Author's notes:
Hey guys, this is a new project I am working on. Of course this is another
Stally fanfic! Please tell me what you think. Can I go somewhere from here?

Don't worry I am still working on the last installment of the Home series. I actually finished the first chapter but it is still for proofreading... and it is all about Thanksgiving so I might publish it by Tuesday at the earliest.