the free period

This chapter is dedicated to wolflover20155 as she designed the new cover for me. Be sure to check out her profile and read her stories.

I began to walk out the door and had just slung my over my shoulder when I was stopped by someone.

"Hey, Mione! Wait" the voice called.

I turned around to see Draco giving his parchment to Slughorn. I waited and as soon as he got to me i started walking. We walked up to the portrait in a peaceful silence.

"Password? " Snape asked.

"Thestrals" Draco and I replied at the same time. We were replied with the portrait swinging open.

I stepped into the comonroom and took a book from the she to start reading. I opened it on page 180 and started to read when the book was rudely taken from my hands.

"Hey! Give it back!" I yelled my hair glowing red.

"Look Hermione, you know I'm not going to do that, so we are going to do something fun." Draco said placing the book on the table.

I looked at him suspiciously but eventually agreed to it. We walked outside and to a tree i knew very well. We came to a stop at the whomping willow.

"This, Hermione is the whomping wil-" Draco started.

"Whomping willow, I know" I said.

"Okay, lets go to hogsmead. Just follow me and you will be fine." he told me walking towards the tree.

I muttered an inaudible 'okay' an followed him to the entrance. Draco stopped suddenly and turned around.

"Hermione, this tree leads to the shrieking shack" he tells me as if I don't already know.

"Draco, I know. In my third year i came down here. Remember?" I asked stepping inside.

I followed the tunnel to the end and came out in a house. A few seconds later Draco appeared as well. I found the front door and pulled it open.

"Okay, so where do you want to go first?" he asked me.

"A place?" I replied.

Draco shrugged and lead me out and we walked around for a bit, before deciding to go to honneydukes. I opened the door and stepped inside and the smell of different types of sweets filled my nose.

I made my way to the chocolate section of the store and picked up a few boxes of chocolate frogs. Next I went to get some licorice wand and played for my sweets. I went outside and waited until Draco came back with so much sweets in a bag ibcould see him doing an undetectable extension charm on the bag to fit everything in.

"So, the three broomsticks?" Draco asked once he came to me.

"Yep, I'm dying for a butterbeer!" I say dragging him off in that direction.

We entered the pub and Draco gave the bag of sweets to ma and told me to get a table. I walked to the back of the pub and found an empty table. I saw Draco struggling to find me so I stood up, hoping it would help and it did as he spotted me and walked over with the two butterbeers.

"Hey, so after this shall we go back to the castle?" he asked as he gave me one of the drinks. I nodded and took a sip of it.

"Mm, so. Why so much sweets and sodas?" I asked curios as to know why he would buy that much.

"Well," said Draco, taking a sip like me. "That is for us, for later, I was thinking invite our friends over to have a movie night and a games night as it is the weekend" he added the last bit after taking yet another sip.

I did the same and it felt like in no time that our drinks were gone and we were making our way out of the pub.

*

We got back from hogsmead and had little time to get our stuff for our next lesson. Charms.

I quickly grabbed my bag and books from my room and hurried to the commonroom, to see Draco waiting for me.

"Finally, can we go now? "He asks looking up, his eyes widening.

I giggle and nod as he walks to me. He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room and we take off towards charms.

A few minutes later we reach the charms corridor and try to find the classroom. I search for what seems like hours, but in reality its only a few minutes.

"Mione! Found it!" come the yells of Draco Malfoy.

"Okay!" I yell walking towards him and going into the class.

When we got in everyone turned their heads to us and looked like we had just murdered someone. Professor flitwick turned from his pile of books to look at us.

"Miss Gaunt, mister Malfoy! You are late. Go and find a seat and catch up on the work you have missed" professor flitwick says looking very angry and red in the face.

*

We sat through the class playing hangwizard (like hangman but with spells). I won a few games and we got a weeks worth of detentions be because of this.

We made our way down to the great hall to eat where professor Mcgonagall had an announcement for all of the seventh and eighth years.