potions class

"Hermione!" I heard a shout. I groaned and rolled over in bed. "Hermione!" I heard it again and felt someone shaking my shoulders. I slowly woke up and looked up at the person waking me.

"Fer-Draco, why are you here?" I asked.

"I know you are a Slytherin now but that doesn't mean yo can go to classes late." he told me.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"I don't think your parents would like to have a letter saying you are refusing to go to any lessons, do you?"he said answering me.

"Okay, okay." I sighed and pushed him out of my room. I quickly got changed and thought about having rainbow hair. I ran out of my room to find Draco sat on the couch waiting for me.

"So, are we going to have breakfast, then or not?" I asked him.

"Oh. Right, okay" he replied getting up and leading the way. I reached inside my robes and pulled out my wand. We soon got to the great hall and everyone was staring at me. I made my way to the Slytherin table with Draco following me.

I sat down between my sister and Ginny. Ginny looked at me weirdly. "What?" I asked.

"Rainbow?" she asked.

"Yes, does it look bad?" I asked

"No, but I prefer blue or aqua." Ginny told me and I changed my hair. "Oooh that looks great" she said.

I took a piece of toast and began to eat. I heard footsteps behind me. "Mione, we need to talk" the voice said. It was Ron.

"What do you want, weasel? " I asked. The expressions on peoples faces changed to surprised as they had not expected that from me.

"Mione are you alright?" he asked me taken aback by my words

"Look, weasel. Just leave me alone and I won't hex you. If you do not leave me alone I will hex you into oblivion." I said.

"Someone's moody today" he said as he stalked off.

The letters came shortly after that and I got one from my parents. It read,

Dear Hermione we are so proud that you and your brother and sister are in Slytherin. We hope you like it and we are so proud that you are head girl. At Christmas bring your friends so we can spend it together.

Lots of love mum and dad x'

After reading my letter aloud for everyone to hear, we all heard Ron's letter.

"Ronald Weasley how dare you let your father and I down by getting sorted into Hufflepuff and for saying how disappointed we must be of your sister. Do not expect to be coming home for Christmas or any other time at all!

Oh and Ginny, congratulations on being somewhere you belong, bring your new friends for Christmas. Lots of love mum and dad" were what was heard of Mrs weasley's cries.

After that sudden outburst at breakfast everyone started laughing. Ron left quite red in the face soon after the laughing had stopped.

We all left the great hall to go to our first lesson. I had potions with Slughorn. I walked along the corridor when I heard sniggering behind me. I pulled my wand out of my sleeve and turned around.

"Stupify!" I yelled aiming at whoever it was. I heard a soft thud shortly after.

"Hermione" the person said.

"What?" I asked them.

"Look, can we just talk?" he finally asked walking up to me.

"Fine. You have 2 minutes" I said sternly.

"Okay. I know that you are a Slytherin now and you have just found your true family but that doesn't mean that you have to act like them" he said pausing. I huffed. "You calling me weasel and not calling Ginny weaslette just makes me confused." he told me.

"That is because I am like them. I am a pureblood like you, Draco, pansy, ginny, the rest of my friends. And every one of them is a pureblood or a halfblood. Do you know its nice being popular for once and its very different than having  friends because of your blood status." I told him.

"That still doesn't explain why you lot don't pick on ginny." he told me.

"Weasel it is because she is in Slytherin unlike you, Hufflepuff!" I said to him.

I heard laughter in the distance and recognized it as my friends. They came up to us and noticed Ron.

"What is weasel doing here?" Ginny asked me emphasizing weasel.

"I-er I was just tal-" Ron started but I cut him off.

"He was just leaving!" I said shoving Ron away from us.

"Okay, bye bye weasel" Draco said smirking waving his hand as if Ron was a baby. Ron just stood still where he was. "I said ta ta weasel, if you knew what was good for you, you would be gone and at potions early" Draco said again earning a round of laughter from us.

Ron left after everyone was laughing at him including ginny. We waited a while and then decided to go to class. Once we got there harry and Ron were talking about something.

"Hey, harry! Over here" I called to him. He looked up and came over to us.

"Er, what was that about?" pansy asked him.

He just ignored us and professor Slughorn opened the door and let us in.

We all walked into the classroom.

"Now I have got specific places for you to sit." Slughorn told us and flicked his wand and the names cane up on the blackboard.

I was put with Draco, harry with ginny, pansy with blaise, daphnie with Ron and my sister with lavender. We had to make a love potion. And as usual me and draco finished first.

I put my hand up and eventually slughorn came over to us.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Well, we have finished sir" i say to him.

"Smell it and write it down" he tells us and walks away.

I lean over the couldren and take a smell. The first thing i smell is strawberries, the next is candles and the last smell is green apples. I write it all down and draco smells it next and writes it down. We go and give our parchment to slughorn and we go back to our comon room as we have a free period next.

I know its a week and a day late but i was bussy with things and i had to sort out somethings. I'm really sorry. But can you check out my other stories please. I might upload Twins, but for now its just The Adventure Called Life. Thank you for reading and i will update tomorrow or friday. :-D