Chapter 8: Minded

The sound of a cell phone ringing wakes me from my deep slumber. Visellia and I didn't get in the house until after two am. I thrash about in bed and searches my nightstand blindly for my cell phone. Finding it, I peek at the number with one eye due to the brightness of the back-light; Cole <3.

I sigh and answer, "Hello?"

"Hey! Did I wake you?" He asks sounding ecstatic.

It annoys me at how he can be so chipper when he just literally forgot about me, until now? 

"No," I lie and sit up. I remove the phone from my face to look at the time. 12:52pm. "What's going on?" I rub my face.

"Well, since I didn't get to speak to you yesterday. I wanted to say happy one year anniversary, baby." He shouts in the phone.

My face begins to distort, but I muster, "Yeah, happy anniversary, Cole."

"So, I was thinking since I have been neglecting my duties as your boyfriend, I could come and spend time with you for a while," Cole suggests.

I yawns, "Okay. What time and when?"

"Well, I am already here. Look outside."

My heart races as I turn to my window, opens the blind, and sees Cole waving like a fool outside. I sit back down and rubs my face again, and silently groans.

"Alright. Let me get dressed and I will be right down."

"Great."

We hang up. I get up and gets dressed in blue skinny jeans, polo pink shirt, and blue converse sneakers. I put on a thin layer of eyeliner and just as I am about to exit the apartment, Visellia merges into the kitchen.

"That was him on the phone, huh?" Visellia asks getting a few things from the refrigerator and setting them on the counter.

"Yeah. What are you about to do?"

"A luncheon with the crew here. Cayne, Rory, and Shiriki are going to be over around two-ish with dishes of their own." Visellia explains.

"Oh. Why wasn't I told this?" I arch my brow at Visellia.

Visellia laughs, "I did. You were sitting right there when we came back from the bar."

I remember, "Oh. Well, if I can get back by then, I will make my famous cookies or something."

"Oh, yummy. Have fun." She waves to me as she begins cooking. 

I hesitantly walk out of the building.