f i v e

Sierra Wilson

I wake up in an unfamiliar room in an empty bed.

Slowly peeling back the sheets I climb out of bed and step out onto the cold hardwood floor.

The floor boards creek beneath my feet as I walk.

I open the bedroom door and the smell of bacon and eggs fills my nose, coming from downstairs.

"Hey, there you are, I thought I heard you coming downstairs" Shawn says, smiling as he places two plates on the table, shoveling a spoonful of eggs onto each plate.

"Aww, you made me breakfast" I gush, "thank you."

Together Shawn and I sit at the table, eating breakfast and talk about whatever comes to mind.

The while time I talk his eyes stare intently into mine, never loosing connection.

It felt special to have someone actually pay attention to me for once.

Pushing back his chair, Shawn picks up our plates and carries them over to the sink.

I turn my attention toward the clock on the wall and finally notice the time.

The clock reads 11:38 am.

"Shit what day is it today?" I ask slowly approaching Shawn.

"Wednesday, why" Shawn asks, a cute smile forming on his face.

"Shit, Dillon's home today, he's gonna know I haven't been home, I have to go."

I quickly run up the stairs, taking two at a time until I reach Shawn's bedroom.

I quickly change into yesterday's clothes and race back downstairs.

"I'm sorry Shawn but I really have to go thanks for inviting me to say" I say, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

I turn around and start walking to the door.

I place my hand on the door knob, I twist open the door but before closing it behind me I turn around.

"Hey Shawn." "Yeah" he says turning his body to face me.

"Call me soon k?" I turn around and close the door behind me.

The whole drive home was worried about facing Dillon.

Anytime a guy talks to me or Dillon doesn't know where I am he gets very over protective, angry and kind of clingy.

I pull into the driveway and pull out my key as I'm getting out of the car.

I slowly twist open the front door and try to sneak on as quietly as possible.

I take my bag and tip toe over to the kitchen counter and place it down.

Peering over the couch I notice that Dillon is asleep with the tv remote in his lap.

I quietly try and sneak over to the stairs, I put my foot on the first step but the floorboard creaks from underneath.

"Where do you think your going?"

Shit he's awake.

I don't answer him and quickly look down at the floor.

"Come here, I want to talk to you" Dillon stays sternly, patting the spot beside him on the couch.

I take the seat next to him and slowly scoot closer and lean my head on his shoulder so he doesn't suspect anything.

"Where have you been?" he questions sternly.

I push my body up so my head is no longer rested on his shoulder, I look up so I'm staring into his eyes and the stern look has not left his face.

"What do you mean?" I ask, am I not allowed to go out.

"Well I rather you have told me, you could have been cheating on me an I wouldn't have known" Dillon's face begins turning red as he speaks and his hands are balled up into fists.

I let out a small gulp, "I just went out with the girls okay?" I bite my lip and smooth out my skirt and exit the living room and head for the bedroom.

Closing the door behind me, I let out a deep breath and sigh in frustration.

Must he know where I am every second of the day?

On the way upstairs I made sure to grab my bag and I slowly begin to unpack some things I brought with me to Shawn's house.

Inside my bag I pull out a lighter that must belong to Dillon, he's always asking me to keep it in my bag while we're out.

I pull open the drawer on Dillon's night stand and out falls a neon pink thong.

I pick up the lacy material and run it through my fingers.

This does not belong to me.

-

I'm obsessed with this book.

-meg xx