Chapter 42

When I got home, the apartment was empty. I had to remember to call Jenna later. I was afraid Roman had left but his bags were still in my room. I decided to take a shower to clear my head and then call him.

I had my wet hair in a bun and headed into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate and let my music fill the apartment.

I was seated on the counter moving my legs with the beat when I saw Roman appear between them. My heart stopped, the music was the reason I hadn't heard him enter, he still wore his sweatpants but with a black t-shirt.

He placed his hand on my cheek, his hand so soft and cold against the warmth of my skin, "You're back... " he whispered searching my eyes.

I looked the other way as his body prevented me from moving away.

"I'm sorry baby"

"Sorry won't fix the fact that you fail to trust me.. " I whispered while looking down.

"I do trust you Mia, I just wasn't thinking clearly, I never meant to accuse you of anything it just.. came out" he sighed.

"Mia, please look at me"

"It came out because deep down you still don't trust me, Randy is my friend and that will never change. You and Randy are friends but yet you question everything concerning him when he is not even the only guy who acts like that around me. That's how I am Roman, it's how you and I became friends. Remember how close you and I were when I was with Randy and how we used to act? He never got jealous once because he trusted me and I trusted him.." I looked up into his eyes, I wanted to shout at him but instead my voice was calm.

"None of the other guys have been with you or kissed you while they have a girlfriend. Yeah look how we acted and now we are together! So shouldn't that be a sign to me that there is some possibility that you guys could end up together again? "

"Roman, I love you more than anything, than I have ever loved anyone in my entire life and the fact that you don't trust me when you say that you are in love with me.. "

"I do trust you Mia I just don't trust him. I am his friend but he intimidates me, I mean when I suggested us moving in together you shut it all down. But yet you moved in with him. "

"So that's what its all about? " I sighed.

" Roman, I had known Randy for more than three years before we got together and we were together for two years when we decided to move in together. I don't get the rush, besides neither of us are home most of the time so it would just be a waste of money in my opinion "

"Fine " he smiled and walked away.

I followed him into the room and found him sitting on the edge of the bed.

I kneeled in front of him with my hands placed on his knees.

"Why does a house mean so much to you Roman? You are making me feel so fucking bad simply because I am not ready to move. I like my apartment, a big house would be unnecessary. Don't shut me out when I don't even know what the hell is going on.."

"I just want a place we can call our own, sure I could just buy a house for myself but I want one with you. I'm not saying you have to give up this apartment I just want a place for us "

I realised what he was trying to say.

"Okay Tarzan I shall move in with you" I smiled up at him and then stood between his legs.

"You sure? " he was beaming and I nodded.

"As long as I still get to keep this place I'm fine "

He pulled me onto his lap.

"A jungle for Tarzan and Jane " he winked and relief flooded me as we were happy again.

He rolled on top of me onto the bed.

"So no more doubts okay? I love you and only you "

"No more doubts baby girl " he leaned down and kissed me gently.

"Some make up sex?"

I giggled.

"Not today big boy unless you want a little Mia and Roman running around in nine months "

"No wonder you got so pissed at me last night, PMS..." he shook his head and then smirked whilst looking into my eyes again, "I wouldn't mind that though "

"Yeah in the future not now, right now you..we have Lucy" I smiled as his face lightened up as I said we.

"So Mia wants to have Roman's babies? "he teased.

"Yeah little Irish /Italian / Canadian / Samoan babies " I laughed.

"I love you Mia MacKenzie McMahon " he kissed me deeply and then got up.

I hope that was a good comeback chapter after a year hiatus. I'll be updating more frequently! Thank you :)