I'm All Alone

Frank Longbottom's P.O.V

I Couldn't sleep last night. I have this horrible sense of foreboding. I'm not sure why or what it is about, but it worries me. It is almost time for me to go and feed Neville his breakfast. He is 2 years old now, but still gets up at five in the morning. It has became a routine. At exactly 5 o'clock every morning, Neville wakes up, and seeing as Alice does the night shifts, I get the early morning. However, this can be handy, because for two years now, I have never been late to work. I work in the Ministry of Magic as an Auror, I try to capture Death Eaters and get them in Azkaban. The wizarding Prison. Together, if we work hard enough, we can take down He Who Must Not Be Named and he posse of followers. The current security measured are a pain in the backside, but I would do anything to keep my son safe. As would the Potter's, a close family friend. We often visit them, and both families are still unharmed. We consider ourselves quite lucky, yet also slightly unlucky. Because our Neville was part of a prophecy, to do with You Know Who, so he is in danger, but I know he will be a strong, brave boy and be responsible for taking down You Know Who and fulfill the prophecy.

Slowly, I pull myself out of my warm, cozy bed, away from my beautiful wife to tend to our handsome young lad. I hoped in my head that we will always be around to provide support to him, whether it was with school work, Quidditch or with girls. I want to always be here for my little boy. As long as I am around, he will be safe. I pick him up from out of his little wooden cot and held him close to me then took downstairs for breakfast. It feels normal so far... I don't know what I was worrying about, so I pushed that feeling of foreboding into the back of my mind and locked away so I can enjoy my day.

***

My wife was saying goodbye at the door, kissing me passionately before I left. The sparks were still there, still the same from when we started dating in our fourth year. I backed away and waved at Alice before stepping over the boundaries, turning on the spot and apparating into the ministry to find out what task I had today. Usually I go strait to my office, looking up leads for whereabouts of Death Eaters, then take some of the most skilled Aurors with me to try and catch them. Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody was my favourite partner as he is one of the most skilled in the department. However, today was different. I got an owl this morning requesting my presence down in the underground trial chambers. It is very cold down there and usually swarming with dementors. I hate coming down here, but being requested by Augustus Rockwood and the Minister for Magic herself Millicent Bagnold. There is a large queue for the lift, so I get in line and start a discussion with Rufus Scrimgeour, the current head of the Auror office.

"Hello Rufus, how are you doing on this fine morning?" I ask politely.

"Aha, hello Frank, I am brilliant thanks, and you are the man I wanted to see. There has been a slight disturbance on Wisteria way, and I wondered if you and Alastor would like to go and check it out?"

"I don't see why not, I just have to go to a meeting with the Minister, but as soon as that is done, I will gather Mad-Eye... I mean Alastor and take a look."

"Ah, Thanks Frank, I will be seeing you later then to report it back."

"Yes, could you send a note to Alastor and let him know as I am late for the meeting?" I asked, looking down at my watch, I was 3 minutes late already. Crap.

"Um yes I will get right to it." Scrimgeour replied and strode off to a free lift. I walked to the other one, got in and pressed the button to get to my destination. It arrived and I stepped out and headed to the chamber I was meeting Augustus Rockwood and Millicent Bagnold. Whilst wallking, one thought keeps buzzing around my head. I am the Secret Keeper now. It is all down to me protecting our house. I took the responsibility off of Dumbledore when Neville reached a year old. I suppressed a shudder as I reached the door. I took a deep breath before reaching out and pushing the door open. I walked through and was about to shut the door when it slammed and locked by itself. The chamber looked deserted, so now I was looked in cold underground chamber, by myself. Oh Joy.