Please, Not Detention

Hey guys, I'm sorry it's been so long! I know this is short, but I'm back now. I'll try to get a regular upload system, and I'll try to upload every Sunday at least. Anyway, enjoy this short chapter and be ready for the rest of the story!:D<3

Chapter 13- Please not detention 

“Ahem, if the pair of you could follow me.” My euphoria of actually having a date was shattered suddenly. Hermione's use of spells on Malfoy had her in trouble, and it was all my fault! I can tell by the tone that old McGonnagol was using that she was angry. Looking at her face just furthered that motion. Her face was beetroot red; a sign of either embarrassment or fury. My bet is on the latter. Her eyes were bulging out of her head and her mouth was in such a thin line that it had almost disappeared. Needless to say, I'm terrified. Personally, I enjoy being out of the spotlight, in the shadows, therefore people are less likely to bother me. This time, there was no escaping the consequences.

“Sherbet Lemon.” McGonnagol spat at the gargoyle. Even the gargoyle looked scared: It opened without so much as a word. Whether or not she meant to, Hermione clung to my arm, looking like a frightened kitten. McGonnagol started walking up the moving steps, but I pulled back.

“Hermione, whatever happens, don't be scared, 'cause we're in this together” And I gave Hermione a comforting smile-grimace. She returned the kind of smile and we walked up to our doom together.

I swear the usually ten second walk took ten minutes as we approached the headmaster's office. The , large, intimidating wooden door was already open, so timidly, we walked in. Dumbledore gestured towards the chairs, I pulled Hermione over whilst staring at my shoes nervously. Much to my surprise, Malfoy was still sitting in his chair. He must have been waiting ages for us to get here. I refused to look at anyone. I didn't want Hermione to spot my fear, I felt my newly polished shoes won't judge me. At least not as much as the two sets of angry, piercing eyes.

Tension and awkwardness spread throughout the room like a bad smell. As a trio, we waited with bated breath.

“Never...” Professor McGonnagol started, “Have I been so disappointed with a group of my students. Firing at each other in such a barbaric manner! Especially when two of you are Gryffindors! The Slytherin-Gryffindor feud is obvious, but this is unacceptable. Who fired first?”

“It was Hermione, Miss! I swear!” Malfoy yelled, hoping to get off easy.

“Hold your fire Mister Malfoy; Explain how Neville ended up frozen under the table?” Professor Dumbledore enquired, sounding so calm that Malfoy panicked.

“Umm... You see... He...”

“Excuse me Sir?” Hermione politely asked, gaining full attention. Even I looked up from my shoes to stare at Hermione, wondering what she will say.

“Yes Miss Granger?” Without faltering, Hermione looked Dumbledore in the eye, Dumbledore returning the eye contact.

“I swear, Malfoy shot first. He fired at Neville, and I purely fired out of panic and self defence. I didn't want my best friend hurt.”

It kind of hurt hear Hermione refer to me as her best friend, but then I realised, that's what we are, nothing more, nothing less. Enough of the weird thoughts, Mione and I are just friends. My internal monologue was interrupted by Dumbledore's words.

“Is this true Mister Malfoy? Did you strike Mister Longbottom first?” Hanging his head in shame, Malfoy replied, “Yes.”

“In that case, I will speak to you alone, seeing as there is no current head of Slytherin. Mister Malfoy, please wait outside, you will be escorted shortly.” Looking dejected, Malfoy left the room, dragging his feet; he knew he had lost. “Now, you two. Mister Longbottom, you have done nothing wrong, you were merely the victim of this escapade. However, Miss Granger... I am shocked at your actions. Yes, they were in self defence, yet they are still inexcusable. You will serve a detention with Rubeus Hagrid, he will be in contact. Next time Miss Granger, you will inform a Professor, rather than get involved.” With that tone of finality, we knew it was our cue to leave. What an eventful day.

______________________________

I hope you enjoyed this! Please vote, comment, fan and let me know what you thought:) <3