chap 19) after luke

Tomorrow was a Monday, and Delilah was up studying. It was so late, and maybe somewhere in between pages she fell asleep.

"Delilah? Delilah? Wake up, now." Somebody shook her, and soon enough her soft brown eyes opened up.

"Lucifer?" She whispered harshly, she was so tired, and it was probably late in the morning,

and then she remembered, today was his birthday.

"Happy birthday." She told him sleepily, completely forgetting the fact that he practically broke in through her window that was now open wide, allowing the smallest bit of moonlight in.

"I came here, to say goodbye." He told her, and his eyes were now avoiding hers.

Delilah was half asleep, but as soon as she heard his soft voice, her eyes sprung open.

"What?"

"I'm leaving, Delilah. I'm leaving, and I don't know where I'm going and I don't know what I'll do or what I'll see or who I'll meet. I'm leaving, Delilah."

Delilah shot up from her bed, and clung onto his tall body.

"Don't leave me." She whispered.

She wanted to pack her up her things, she wanted to pack her up clothes and her life and she wanted to go with him.

But somewhere in her heart she knew she couldn't, she had a life. A sad depressing, un-extravagent life, with her sad mother, and her last year of school.

"I have to go. I have to go, Delilah."

And so he kissed her, he kissed her pink lips, and both of her red cheeks, and her chin, and her nose, and her forehead, and her lips again, because he really loved them.

A small tear ran down her face, and now It seemed like she was at a loss for air, because he took her heart and shattered it into so many pieces.

"I love you." She said to him, but maybe he missed it, because he was gone.

He was gone, just like that, so quickly, out of thin air.

Delilah slid down to the floor, and grabbed her thighs.

She sat there, like that for a while, and when she finally picked her head up to get some air, she saw something. it was a picture of her and Luke, up on the mountain yesterday.

Dearest Delilah, what's it like in New York City?

She picked it up and stared at it, then she flipped it around. and what she saw made everthing worth while, it made it seem like it was all OK.

I love you, Delilah.

Love is stupid and I've endeared lots of heartbreak, but I love you.

-Luke

And she loved him, too.