** Chapter One **

I had just gotten home. My dad wasn't here yet. Thank God, than I could run away to the woods. I of course take my phone with me, I never part with it. I go up stairs to my room and put my bag on my bed.

I look out my window and see my woods. Well it isn't technically MY woods it's just the woods in my backyard that doesn't really have a name. We just call it my woods. We being me, my best friends Leonard and Robin and my mom. I don't really talk with my dad. I don't like him, at all. I kinda hate that man.

But anyways I run down the stairs, out the door and into the woods. I wouldn't say I was fleeing but it's the best place to be. I walk deep inside it and I've walked for about 15 minutes when I come up to a small pound.

The weather is nice today so I take both of my shoes of and put them up against one of the trees and run to the pond. It feels so nice running barefoot in the grass. I sit down and put my feet in the cold water and dangle them there for a moment.

But then all of a sudden I see something coming towards me from under the water. At first I thought it was some kind of a strange fish so I lean in close to get a better look at it. I see that it can't be a fish it's too big. It comes out of the water and jumps on me. Screaming at me it starts to bite and scratch me. I try to get it off but it's too strong. It continues too scratch me and it hurts like hell. It won't get off.

Than my phone starts ringing and I know instantly it's Leonard because I have a special ringtone for him. It was just some robot asking me to pick up because there was a legend on the other end that clearly needed to speak with me.

The beast gets of me and runs terrified away. I'm hurt. The scratches that it left were deep and in some places it's sharp claws had cut almost to my bones or through them.

I had totally forgotten about my phone but than suddenly remembered it and answer. And of course it was Leonard, as I suspected.

"Hey, man what took you so long?" He says a bit frustrated. I take a deep breath before talking and try to calm myself down. But that doesn't work at all. So I just blurted out.

"I have no idea what it was but some totally strange creature just jumped out of one of the ponds in my woods and attack me"